We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to help us design state of the art hardware for our autonomous vehicle.
If you're interested in designing autonomous hardware, let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Developing complex mixed-signal electrical designs involving: power, high speed digital, analog, and RF
- Implementing FPGA and microcontroller-based circuitry including interfacing to standard peripherals
- Completing the entire PCBA design cycle, including: architecture definition, component selection, schematic capture, simulation, layout, verification (bring-up, debug, testing)
- Performing design validation including environmental and EMC testing
- Participating in internal and external hardware design reviews
- Recommending and implementing best practices for analog and digital design
- Interfacing with mechanical, thermal, software, design, and quality assurance teams for product integration and reliability
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Experience with tools for schematic capture, simulation, and layout such as Altium, Orcad, ANSYS, PADS.
- Extensive experience with board bringup, debugging, design verification, and production
- Experience with high performance PCB layout and fabrication techniques
- Understanding of requirements traceability, configuration management and production release
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering along with seven years of electrical engineering work experience.
- Experience with standards such as MIL-STD 810G/461, DO160, IEC 61508, ISO 26262, ISO 16750
- Experience on autonomous vehicles, automotive, robotics, military, server or switch products
- Design of sensors for autonomous vehicles
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.