We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the Role:
At Cruise, safety and reliability are paramount in the development of driverless vehicles. We’re looking for exceptional electrical engineers to help design hardware for sophisticated AV technology.
This is a great opportunity to apply your transferable skills and experience as an electrical or hardware engineer from a crossover industry, such as aerospace / avionics, UAVs / drones, robotics, automated manufacturing, or medical instrumentation.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities Include:
- Define module/board level architecture, derive requirements. Produce specifications and other relevant documentation.
- Develop complex mixed-signal electrical designs, involving power, high speed digital, analog, and RF.
- Implementation of FPGA and microcontroller-based circuitry
- Interfacing FPGA to standard peripherals and microcontrollers via Ethernet
- Completes the entire PCBA design cycle, including: component selection, schematic capture, simulation, layout, verification (bring-up, debug, testing, troubleshooting), and design/PCBA documentation
- Design bring-up and test procedures for electronic systems. Troubleshoot, root cause, and drive issue to closure
- Participate in hardware design reviews
- Recommend and implement best practices for analog and digital design
- Interface with mechanical, software, design, and quality assurance teams for product integration and reliability
Necessary skills and experience:
- Qualified candidates must have a B.S. with 7 years of direct experience or M.S. degree and 5 years of work experience in electrical engineering and 5+ years of work experience with electronics
- Experience with standard electrical engineering CAD tools for schematic capture, simulation, and layout (Orcad, Spice, PADS, Altium, or equivalent design tools – Altium preferred)
- Extensive experience with initial board bringup and debugging to design verification and production
- Experience with PCB layout & fabrication
- Experience embedded programming for microcontrollers with up to 32 bits
- Experience with analog and mixed-signal designs: low noise and/or high-speed (up to 3 GHz) applications
- Effective communication skills are required
- Knowledgeable in heat management for power electronics
- Familiar with circuit and wiring harness schematic capture tools
- Basic soldering, crimping, splicing and electronic prototyping experience
- Understanding of requirements traceability, configuration management, design for EMC compliance
- Experience with regulatory standards or design in a regulated environment (MIL-STD, FAA, IEC 61508, ISO 26262) which requires fulfilling quality systems regulations in the design and development lifecycle
- Experience designing hardware testing systems for production
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.