We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate full ownership of assigned systems
- Own hardware system specification, design, bringup, testing, and PPAP
- Derive detailed requirements and specifications from high level objectives
- Develop efficient system architectures based on key metrics
- Make decisions backed by sound engineering trade studies
- Manage timelines and determining project deadlines in order to meet program timing
- Establish milestones and performance gates
- Partner with GM release teams and ensure smooth vehicle integration
- Serve as a peer role model for junior design engineers and/or interns
- Embody core engineering and design principles along with values of Cruise
Lead board and module development for our AV hardware for systems such as:
- Automotive networking
- High performance computing
- Sensor interface
- Thermal and mechanical
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience with hardware engineering with proficiency in: lifecycle management, hardware development, vendor management
- 3+ years of experience with hardware design with proficiency in: electrical and electro-mechanical systems
- Solid understanding of electro-mechanical systems, automotive and robotics/automation sensors
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency in CAD, CAE
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Proficiency with statistical analysis on large datasets
- Experience with ROS/Python/C/C++
- Experience with compute/sensing hardware and testing
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.