We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
What you'll doYou will be responsible for leading existing Technical PMs within your area and continuing to grow the team, and helping ensure our partner teams build the right products at the right time. We are currently hiring across the follow areas:
You and your team will work on products that deliver the best technical infrastructure to make data, compute, and analytics widely available to Cruise. This includes the collection, processing, and storage of our data across both real and simulated environments; tooling that enables others to extract insights from that data via tooling; and shared infrastructure.
- Work across a variety of technical products to set visions, drive strategy, align orgs, and deliver value-add outcomes
- Proactively identify potential future gaps, and work with partners to come up with viable short term mitigation and long term solutions
- Collaborate with internal customers, leadership, and other stakeholders to understand their needs and distill them into strategies
- Drive product strategy and phasing, including clear success definitions and stakeholder alignment
- Ensure work ties to company-wide goals, drive roadmaps creation and discussion, and align stakeholders and teams on product requirements
- Work with engineering and program partners to build systems that are scalable, cost effective, fault tolerant, and easily extensible
- Lead and grow a team of Technical PMs, and allocate/shuffle resources across priorities as needed
- Empower your team to execute, innovate, and deliver independently while staying engaged via efficient review, auditing, and reporting
- 10+ years of experience relevant work experience in fields related to the product area in tech-related fields
- 4+ years of product management experience delivering highly impactful and innovative products at scale
- 2+ years managing other product managers and/or engineers
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with a proven ability to work across functions and influence senior leaders
- Demonstrated success setting product vision and strategy, and executing on projects from ideation to shipping
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or similar, or prior work experience as a software engineer
- Strong business acumen - MBA or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience in fields related to the product area
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.