We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Recruiting Organization:
Supporting Cruise’s phenomenal growth, the Recruiting team is passionate about attracting the best talent on the planet. Our recruiters serve as a face of Cruise—we aim to deliver an unprecedented, world-class candidate experience and continually seek to evolve our processes. Recruiting at Cruise is a collaborative partnership with our hiring managers who depend on us as strategic partners throughout the process. Join us and be a part of history in the making!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Work with other recruiters on the team and help one another reach team goals
- Strategically plan and own a pipeline of exceptionally qualified candidates and maintain their interest throughout the entire process
- Initiate and run with projects as needed to build processes to make recruiting more streamlined and efficient
- Prolifically source passive candidates for tough-to-fill positions and creatively source for niche roles
- Work with junior recruiters on the team and mentor them as needed
- Work with engineering leads to understand their hiring needs and teach them how to maximize hiring output for their team
- Craft and distribute effective job descriptions to build a compelling pitch for qualified candidates
- Build and maintain relationships with top talent
- Stay current with tech and autonomous vehicle industry news
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience as a technical recruiter
- Technically knowledgeable enough to do initial phone screens
- Strong network of potential hires
- Ability to understand and relate to the startup and engineering mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable email habits
- Ability to multitask and adapt to fast-paced work environment
- Passionate about self-driving cars and their impact on the world
- Experience with Lever and/or Greenhouse
- Experience working with external recruiters and agencies
- Relationships with research departments at top engineering graduate schools
- Former software engineering background
- Experience organizing career events at universities, conferences, in-house, etc.
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.