We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Our Site Reliability team is building a highly resilient, performant, and secure internal Platform as a Service which hosts our core backend services to control our fleet of vehicles, runs driving simulations at scale, and executes machine learning training jobs for our Autonomous Vehicle engineering team. We’re currently using AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Vault, and Spinnaker, but we’re also interested in your experience and suggestions.
Cruise is looking for a SRE Manager to help set the technical direction of our infrastructure team and architect and scale our systems to increase our development capabilities and support our cars on the roads.
In this position, you will work DevOps, Engineering Productivity and other engineering teams, providing experience and knowledge to support deployments and architecture.
If you're interested in leveraging your leadership and architectural knowledge to bring about the world’s first autonomous ride-share network let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Responsible for growing and developing a team of engineers
- Work with Engineering Directors and Technical Project Managers to allocate team members to sprints
- Help set technical direction for the team, anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges
- Help craft technical and product strategy
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years management experience with an engineering and/or DevOps team
- You should be able to lead design reviews and architectural sign off for critical areas. Probes assumptions to uncover design flaws by considering a system wide view larger than that of the team’s.
- Experience managing container-based workloads, using Kubernetes or other orchestration software
- Deep experience with hands-on software development
- Experience with scaling and/or overhauling distributed systems and applications
- Experience managing physical compute, storage, and networking hardware
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, or other data processing tools
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.