Site Reliability Engineering Manager
San Francisco - Infrastructure - Full time
We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Our Site Reliability team is building a highly resilient, performant, and secure internal Platform as a Service which hosts our core backend services to control our fleet of vehicles, runs driving simulations at scale, and executes machine learning training jobs for our Autonomous Vehicle engineering team. We’re currently using AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Vault, and Spinnaker, but we’re also interested in your experience and suggestions.
Cruise is looking for a SRE Manager to help set the technical direction of our infrastructure team and architect and scale our systems to increase our development capabilities and support our cars on the roads.
In this position, you will work DevOps, Engineering Productivity and other engineering teams, providing experience and knowledge to support deployments and architecture.
If you're interested in leveraging your leadership and architectural knowledge to bring about the world’s first autonomous ride-share network let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Responsible for growing and developing a team of engineers
- Work with Engineering Directors and Technical Project Managers to allocate team members to sprints
- Help set technical direction for the team, anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges
- Help craft technical and product strategy
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years management experience with an engineering and/or DevOps team
- You should be able to lead design reviews and architectural sign off for critical areas. Probes assumptions to uncover design flaws by considering a system wide view larger than that of the team’s.
- Experience managing container-based workloads, using Kubernetes or other orchestration software
- Deep experience with hands-on software development
- Experience with scaling and/or overhauling distributed systems and applications
- Experience managing physical compute, storage, and networking hardware
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, or other data processing tools
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.