We're the driverless car company.
We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
We're looking for experienced Technical Program Managers to coordinate and help drive development of our in-house platform to develop and test our autonomous vehicles at scale. Our team is responsible for the software and infrastructure which runs hundreds of thousands of complex driving simulations every day, and automatically analyzes the results of these simulations to provide fast feedback to our engineering teams. Several intermediate and senior positions are available in our fast-growing team.
- Work closely with our Engineering, Infrastructure and Platform teams to deliver key simulation functionality for testing and development of Autonomous Vehicles
- Facilitate day-to-day research and development work of multiple simulation projects
- Understand, clarify, and rationalize business requirements across the teams for simulation and testing needs
- Drive sprint/quarterly planning, execution, and retrospectives
- Align cross-functional teams, ensuring effective communications at all levels
- Define and monitor metrics/KPIs based on business requirements, and proactively escalate when needed
- Track and report on project progress, proactively drive corrective actions as needed
- Build trusted relationships with team members and all relevant stakeholders
- Create and organize product documentation
- Bachelor’s, Master’s Degree in CS, Math, EE, or related engineering/science field, MBA is a strong plus
- 6+ years of experience managing complex technical projects in a fast-paced tech company and/or highly regulated industry
- Proven ability to influence members across the team to maximize performance, and to provide clear data & options to decision-makers
- Skilled at helping teams translate sometimes-ambiguous requirements into concrete actions and deliverables
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Ability to lead and motivate a team without acting as a direct authority figure
- Experience with large, resilient test automation frameworks
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems
- Significant Agile experience
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD&D and Life
- Paid parental leave (100%) so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.