We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
We are looking for an expert Senior Radar Engineer to join our Autonomous Vehicle Hardware team and help us build the best self autonomous system in the world.
- Design, analyze, and test advanced radar systems
- Develop and optimize world-class radar sensor suites for autonomous vehicles at scale
- Collaborate with algorithm developers and hardware teams to architect sensing strategy for autonomous vehicles
- Improve and sustain reliable sensor testing processes through continuous integration, automated testing and design reviews
- Evaluate and develop new and novel sensor technologies and their impact on system performance
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with radar sensor hardware in a design, integration or testing role
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to decompose complex engineering problems and systems into manageable chunks
- Understand the complexities of scaling a technically sophisticated product including: demonstrated knowledge of technology development processes, ability to direct allocation of resources and staff, balancing technical requirements schedule and risk, and procedural and safety compliance
- Proven ability to provide technical leadership, program direction and mentorship.
- Proficiency with data analysis tools and programing languages such as Python / C++ /matlabOS
- Previous experience shipping a complex system at scale, while working in a highly cross-functional, interdisciplinary engineering team
- Experience with automotive industry sensors
- Familiarity with processing large sized test results (statistical analysis)
- Experience with sensor calibration
- Experience with computer system architecture and high-speed communication standards
- Exposure to firmware design and/or real-time systems
- Experience with electro-optical systems design Familiarity with working in a mass production environment
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.