We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Senior System Integration Engineer to help develop scalable vehicle calibration and bring-up systems for autonomous vehicle production. As a System Integration Engineer on the autonomous vehicle engineering team at Cruise, you’ll have the chance to work at the intersection of hardware, software and AV technology and have a hand in nearly every component of a technically sophisticated autonomous system.
This is a great opportunity to apply your transferable skills and experience from a crossover industry, such as aerospace / avionics, UAVs / drones, robotics, automated manufacturing, or medical devices. Senior and junior roles available.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Work cross-functionally to scale and maintain our fleet of autonomous cars
- Collaborate with mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, algorithm developers and manufacturing teams to transition calibration and bring-up techniques from R&D to the production scale
- Develop robust and scalable processes to reduce engineering and technician time to scale and support our fleet - automating whenever possible
- Identify, diagnose, and find solutions to system level technical problems
- Participate in the design of experiments, equipment, and processes for improving electromechanical system designs, calibration and integration processes, data analysis, and automated testing
- Design and implement proactive solutions to bring-up and calibration challenges
- Roll out and document software and hardware changes, including for components, for the computer system, and at the system level
- Conduct root causes analyses of complex engineering problems, breaking them down and developing solutions
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications
- Previous commercial experience (5-10+ years) in systems integration or similar working on electromechanical systems
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with system level assembly, bring-up, and debugging
- Deep understanding of how mechanical, electrical, and software engineering components behave and interact together in a complex electromechanical system
- Previously played a key implementation role in shipping a complex system at scale and understand the difference between building small scale prototypes and scaling for mass production
- Able to ramp up quickly on numerous new and unfamiliar technical areas
- Exceptional analytical problem solving skills; able to root cause issues within complex hardware/software systems
- Understanding of engineering concepts such as system design, implementation, testing, and maintenance
- Solid programming skills for purposes of automated testing and data processing, i.e. scripting, Python, knowledge of APIs and data security
- BS, MS, or PhD in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Software)
- Previous hands-on experience with autonomous or robotic systems
- Experience with the automotive industry
- Familiarity with processing large sized test results (statistical analysis)
- Experience with sensor calibration
- Strong knowledge of sensing hardware
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.