We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is actively seeking mid level engineering technicians for the San Francisco autonomous vehicle hardware team. We are a dynamic and rapidly expanding team that is supporting hardware development in the autonomous vehicle field.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Complete complex electro-mechanical functions and activities: vehicle troubleshooting, component and sensor testing, component and system removal/installation/assembly, fleet retrofits, fabrication and modification
- Perform AV platform troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and calibration
- Conduct PCB and wire harness diagnostics, modification, and assembly
- Produce and maintain detailed documentation around team processes and for all test and maintenance procedures
- Design, build, set up equipment, and test fixtures; prepare and conduct tests; operate and maintain equipment used for testing, for both engineering and AV use
- Directly contribute to projects supporting R&D initiatives and pre-release product validation
- Perform other prototype, lab, or AV platform related duties as assigned
- Observe all safety standards. Maintain a secure, safe, clean, and healthy work environment. Follow operating instructions, use protective equipment when required, and use equipment and materials properly. Actively strive to prevent accidents and injuries.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 4+ years technical experience in electro-mechanical, computer, automotive, marine electronics, robotics, or aerospace industries
- Formal education in Engineering Technology or trade school major. BS, AS, technology trade certificate, or work experience equivalent
- Basic understanding and working knowledge of Git and terminal based computer commands
- Familiar with CAD and prototype part/assembly design (SolidWorks or similar)
- Shop, lab, rapid prototyping, testing, and instrumentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to use general shop, automotive, and diagnostic tools
- Strong working knowledge of Windows, MacOS, and Linux operating systems
- Ability to work in a cooperative, rapidly changing team setting with aggressive goals and challenging timelines.
- Time management and cooperative development skills. Focus, attention to detail, and require minimal guidance to complete tasks
- Strong work ethic, quality workmanship, and team oriented
- Current driver's license with a good standing driving record
- Technical writing, or facility layout and planning
- Knowledge and understanding of computer hardware components, AV systems, ADAS or other sensor suite components
- Basic programming in Python or C++
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.