We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
We’re looking for a Staff Engineer - Machine Learning to drive critical architecture decisions in our ML pipeline.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Work with team leads and engineering leadership to prioritize development roadmaps and plan future projects
- Drive high level algorithm decisions to ensure fast and accurate machine learning in a multitude of different applications
- Design and optimize implementation of cutting edge ML systems in object classification, labelling, object detection, and/or prediction
- Influence others and build consensus even over contentious technical debates. Play a key role in others’ professional development, adding value to their career via improving their technical skills.
- Enhance unified back end architecture for solving multiple ML problems
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, etc. or equivalent in industry experience
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- Extensive experience with sensor data processing, environment modeling, large-scale point-cloud processing
- Experience with machine learning and classification, filtering, deep learning, segmentation, and/or geospatial databases
- Excellent mathematical reasoning skills, especially with probability
- Comfortable writing production-quality code
- Understanding of sensor error modeling
- Passionate about self driving car technology and its impact on the world
- Experience with writing robust, safety-critical code
- Experience with SLAM, signal processing, and/or motion/path planning
- Experience with Hidden Markov Models (HMMs)
- Experience with ROS, OpenCV, GPU’s, Gazebo, or PCL
- Experience in deploying perception algorithms into real world environments
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.