We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
The FPGA / SoC team is responsible for all FPGA development at Cruise, as well as the low level software that interfaces to it. As a Hardware / Software Co-Design Engineer, you’ll work with sensor interfacing, signal processing and high-speed data movement for our current and next generation of autonomous vehicles. You’ll work on the latest generation of FPGA / SoC silicon across both sides of the hardware / software boundary, enabling us to fully optimize our systems for each application.
- Develop high-performance digital logic for data movement, I/O interfacing, networking and embedded signal processing
- Develop high-performance HW interfacing software (drivers, libraries, etc) for FPGA / SoC platforms
- Optimize algorithms across the HW and SW boundary
- Architect our next generation of FPGA and SoC-based systems from concept to production
- Collaborate with colleagues across multiple teams and mentor other developers
- Deliver complex projects through incremental develop
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in software and/or digital logic design
- Experience with Verilog or System Verilog
- Experience with C or C++ for hardware interfacing
- Experience interfacing FPGAs with one or more of the following: PCIe, AXI3/4, JESD204B, Ethernet, Camera Link, MIPI CSI-2
- Experience with FPGAs in one or more of the following application areas: LIDAR, RADAR, image-processing, high-speed signal processing, networking, data movement
- Experience with HDL simulators for IP and system level testing
- Knowledge of and experience applying software best practices
Bonus Points :
- Experience with Linux kernel or other RTOS driver development
- Experience with machine learning / AI on FPGAs
- Experience with FPGAs in high-reliability applications
- Experience with system level testing of SoC FPGAs
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.