We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
Our Developer Platform team is responsible for developing & supporting a wide range of tools and services which underpin the success of our diverse engineering teams. Our vision is to provide world class developer tools to the hundreds of engineers working at Cruise, and this platform is seen as a key competitive advantage at Cruise. We manage Cruise’s mission critical source code (GitHub Enterprise), continuous integration & delivery, code quality, build systems (Bazel), and local development toolchains. We also develop in-house software to support best-practice code review, development workflows, and CI/CD.
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our fast-growing team! In this role you will work to create a world-class engineering environment at Cruise, by designing, implementing and maintaining tools and services to improve productivity, process, and culture.
Developer Platform Team Charter:
- Develop, enhance, and operate scalable components for our high availability services that support the Cruise Engineers development workflows
- Design systems which improve and standardize the observability of services deployed on our platform
Technologies We Use:
- Go, Python, Bash
- Docker, Bazel, Google RBE
- Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services
- Terraform, Vault, Ansible
- CircleCI, Buildkite, Spinnaker
- Datadog, Stackdriver, PagerDuty
- GitHub, Slack, Confluence, JIRA
- Design and implement scalable systems to support the complex engineering challenges faced at Cruise
- Evaluate new tools and technologies through PoCs and propose solutions for implementation
- Ship improvements to our AV development toolchains and services which have a measurable and direct impact on engineering productivity and our core company metrics
- Drive software engineering best practices both within your team and across the company, and create tooling which encourages these
- 5+ years experience designing, building and operating production systems at scale
- Experience writing Go, or a desire to learn
- Thorough understanding of Unix/Linux and networking fundamentals
- Attention to detail, and a desire to improve processes & systems around you
- Ability to research, document, communicate, and defend proposals and take critical feedback
- Ability to manage competing priorities, focus on shipping, and work well under pressure
- Passion for self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Experience with core AWS or GCP technologies
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience owning or contributing to Open Source projects
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.