We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
The data infrastructure team is dedicated to ingesting, storing and processing all data at Cruise on a best in class platform. As a Staff Software Engineer you’ll be responsible for working with petabytes of the most important company data, building strategy to scale all existing systems and help data customers to be more productive. You’ll be working with some of the most exciting open source technologies and cloud providers.
- Define strategy for data engineering team at Cruise to ingest, store and process petabytes of data using the latest open-source and cloud technologies
- Build highly scalable innovative data solutions and data pipelines
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to deliver innovative products that help improve Data Infrastructure
- Mentor others and be a role model for more junior engineers
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of backend or big data experience
- Strong experience in writing reliable, low-maintenance, and powerful code that may be used by many other engineers.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (Java, Scala, Python)
- Act as an architect and a design lead for our team.
- Experience acting as a technical subject matter expert on cross-team initiatives
- Someone capable of working cross collaboratively between Data Infrastructure and our partner team
- Experience with Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, or other data processing tools
- Experience building scalable data pipelines or data platforms
- Experience working with AWS/GCP
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.