We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
The Data Infrastructure team is responsible for building the infrastructure to ingest and process the petabytes of AV data coming from the car, simulated tests, or realtime services, warehouse this data, and provide tooling and services for users throughout the company to gain insights from Cruise’s data and accelerate development.
- Autonomously design, implement, and test backend systems to manage our growing fleet of autonomous vehicles
- Work closely with vehicle engineering to enable real time vehicle communication and feedback
- Build highly scalable data pipelines to handle ingestion and processing of vehicle data
- Design, build, and improve data stores for our fleet of self-driving cars
- Effectively participate in team’s planning, code reviews, KPIs reviews, and design discussions leading to continuous improvements in these areas
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years working with big data
- Experience building scalable data pipelines
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, or other data processing tools
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, or equivalent real-world experience
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- Have a track record of efficiently solving complex problems
- Experience programming with Go, Python, C++, or similar
- Experience working with Docker development and deployment workflows
- Experience installing, configuring, and managing AWS or on-premises server infrastructure
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.