We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
We are looking for skilled Roboticists and Computational Scientists to join our Autonomous Vehicles Engineering team. At Cruise we are building a fleet of autonomous cars, each with a sophisticated set of sensors. As a Sensor Algorithms Engineer you will be developing novel algorithms and sustainable processes for making sure our sensor suite is aligned and working optimally. This means you’ll be developing high resolution offline calibration methods as well as sophisticated real-time algorithms. You’ll also have the opportunity to work with next generation sensing technology that is critical to making full autonomy a reality.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Develop reliable and scalable multi-sensor calibration algorithms
- Collaborate with vehicle engineering, localization and perception teams to implement calibration systems that work for both vehicle production and field support
- Solve large sparse optimization problems and use a variety of numerical analysis techniques to verify results
- Develop computationally light weight algorithms for detecting and correcting sensor misalignment (closely related to traditional SLAM and Association problems).
- Integrate and support solutions within the constantly evolving Localization and Perception stacks.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years experience as a Roboticist/Software Engineer/Computational Scientist
- Ability to write clean, fast, and maintainable C++ code
- Experience with point clouds or images
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Unit test everything, and know when to ask for support from our stellar infrastructure team
- Previous experience shipping a complex system at scale
- Experience with performance focused optimization software such as Ceres-solver
- Experience with ROS
- Excellent knowledge of Linear Algebra, Convex Optimization, Statistics or Numerical Analysis
- Background in SLAM, Multi Sensor Calibration, or Real-time detection algorithms
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.