We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
The Radar team finds objects and its kinematics properties from the 4D (3D position and Doppler) radar output. This runs the gamut from pre-processing radar detection to resolve measurement ambiguity, utilizing pre-process radar sensor data accurately identifying obstacles, extracting obstacle kinematics and semantic information to model environment, and working with the sensor fusion teams to use our detection hypothesis and combine with other sensor. We work closely with the Lidar Segmentation and Tracking teams.
- Develop novel algorithms to detect and identify objects in the radar returns
- Work with machine learned and temporal systems
- Maintain and improve existing radar code
- Work with cutting edge radar technologies and systems
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, EE or similar field
- A minimum of 2 years working experience writing production C++ code
- Ability to write clean, fast, reliable and highly scalable C++ code
- A minimum of 2 years working with radar technologies
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of radar detections at signal processing level
- Experience in autonomous driving industries
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Python or large data applications
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.