We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a seasoned Autonomous Fleet Systems - Manager to build and lead a team that will define requirements, guide validation activities and help implement continuous improvement for maintaining and servicing our fleet of autonomous vehicles.
In this position, you will work to build strategy in team development and growth. You will work closely with systems engineering, legal and vehicle engineering at GM.
If you're interested in building a world-class Fleet Systems Team apply today!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Create, manage and trace testable requirements
- Build strategy in team development and growth
- Maintain a strong relationship with our Fleet team
- Develop validation plans and manage execution
- Integrate with GM Aftermarket Sales, Cruise Fleet Operations and Quality for all affected parts to define how to receive service needs, ensure accurate service instructions, record servicing activities, verify functionality post service, and release vehicles to fleet
- Integrate with Cruise Product Engineering to define servicing and fleet activation needs
- Work with engineers, technical program managers, and data services to define outcome metrics and develop prognostics
- Communicate across teams and outside agencies about team progress & needs
- Build and manage relationships with all relevant stakeholders
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Automotive Engineering, Systems Engineering, or another relevant engineering field
- 6+ years of industry experience in a fast-paced tech company
- Previous experience leading engineering teams
- Experience with product management, fleet operations, or automotive systems.
- Experience with communication protocols like 4G, LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, Ethernet
- Knowledge of or experience working with enterprise-level security
- Able and willing to travel up to 1 week per month to MI/AZ
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Experience with automotive chassis controls and vehicle dynamics
- Experience with ADAS development at OEM or Tier-1 supplier
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex software systems
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.