The role of a European Projects Director can be defined in one word: organisation. A project that’s significant enough to have a project manager assigned to it often involves many different elements. Multiple departments may carry the responsibilities of different assignments, but the European Project Director is responsible for making sure that all Project Managers come together in a timely manner to complete the overall goal. This role will involve direct communication with customers in the Industrial sectors and will primarily involve project management of Energy Optimisation Projects.
- This role requires the ability to devise and create workplans, schedule tasks and coordinate with various team members to accomplish the results.
- The completed project may require different layers to be performed by different teams. Project managers are therefore responsible for keeping the projects on track and possessing the ability to foresee the entire project as a whole at all times.
- It is very important for you to communicate frequently with Customers and with all members that are involved in the project and not make any assumptions to ensure that deadlines are met and performance and results are as planned.
- Involves assigning, scheduling, communicating job expectations; planning,
monitoring,reviewing job expectations; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; co-ordinating internal activities and subcontractor actions with relevant teams, scheduling installations which includes maintaining productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits;
identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements and liasing with the necessary teams to schedule expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; and training.
- Display ability for ownership of tasks and for exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Third level engineering degree
- 10+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Will have previous experience with process improvement, planning, performance management and tracking budget expenses and report generation