Crossix is looking for a Data Engineer that will own transforming the data in a way that supports the design and build of new products, as well as enhancements to existing solutions. You’ll focus primarily on designing systems that manage data collection, storing and processing in a productized way, to help bring enterprise solutions to market. You’re excited about shaping new products and features, and designing the data pipelines for sustainable and scalable growth as we continue to bring our solutions to more customers.
What You’ll Do
- Design, implement and improve cloud and on-premise ETL/ELT processes to onboard data into our data lake from a variety of internal and external sources for our new solutions and existing solutions
- Monitor performance and cost, advising any necessary infrastructure/process changes to optimize
- Keep up to date on emerging technology solutions that impact the data and cloud computing domains, in particular on AWS
- Support analytics teams in the NYC office with regards to use of tools, resources and platforms to achieve success and meet delivery commitments
- Assist with ad hoc data engineering projects and mentoring of more junior members as we build out engineering capabilities in our NYC office
What You’ve Done
2-5 years of hands-on experience/working knowledge in the following:
- Usage of AWS for data-warehousing and processing. In particular, the following services are most relevant:
- RDS / Aurora
- Scripting tasks using Python (strongly preferred) or a similar language
- Complex data structure, data processing, data quality and data lifecycle.
- Operational management / DBA of DBMS servers (Oracle, MySQL or MSSQL)
- Data platforms and data modeling frameworks
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
AWS certification, or progress toward, at associate level (Solutions Architect or Developer), or specialty (Big Data) a strong advantage.
About the Team – Crossix delivers hard-to-come-by insights that enable healthcare marketers to plan, measure, and optimize their marketing campaigns with confidence. Using our own proprietary technology and network of health and non-health data, our analyses pinpoint the tactics, programs, and channels that improve performance and boost sales, enabling better healthcare communications. And we do it all while protecting consumer privacy.
Leadership – With decades of combined experience and an unrivaled track record of healthcare innovation, our leadership team sets the standard for us. Their knowledge and expertise continually challenge us and the industry – through their work, their speaking engagements at conferences and their thought leadership published in the top industry publications.
Culture – We know that our employees set us apart. Along with competitive salaries and benefits, we invest in creating compelling opportunities for professional development and career growth. We also believe that diversity is essential to building an environment where everyone can feel they belong. We’re continuously building an inclusive company where everyone feels welcome and heard. Come join our rapidly growing team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.