It’s an exciting time at Crossbeam. Over three years post-launch, we have over twelve thousand companies using our platform, raised more than $100M of venture capital from leading VC firms like Andreessen Horowitz, RedPoint, FirstMark, and Salesforce Ventures. Best of all, we’re just getting started. In a market full of uncertainty, we are fortunate to have an unwavering long-term vision and the funding to see it through at full speed.
Crossbeam helps companies partner with each other in a more data-driven way by acting as a partner ecosystem. Our platform allows companies to find overlapping customers and prospects with their partners while keeping the rest of their data private and secure.
We’re looking for an experienced product designer to lead one of our new core product areas. This team designs and builds Crossbeam’s features that enable our users to identify, collaborate, and take action on mutually beneficial opportunities. You’ll work on things like: how partnership team members discover, share, negotiate, bring in other members of their teams into their work, and get credit for their contributions.
You will advocate for our users and their needs, shipping functionality that manifests in value to them as well growth for our business. You will also play a foundational role in scaling design process and culture at Crossbeam. We design for collaboration and analysis, as much as we do for privacy and security.
As a member of our design team, you will:
- Independently own and execute on end-to-end design for one of our core product areas. You’ll work closely with product managers and engineers in establishing its long-term strategy and short-term tactical work.
- Work on a range of projects from broad, loosely defined problems and concepts, to specific tactical feature work.
- Produce detailed, comprehensive, high-fidelity design deliverables that enable engineering to build polished, performant, and accessible functionality.
- Collaborate with the design team around overall product vision, design process, user research, and contribute to and help scale the Bitts Design System.
- Drive a better understanding of our users. You’ll work with users directly for generative and evaluative research and help infuse the insights to your work and that of your colleagues.
- Collaborate with brand design to make Crossbeam feel like a holistic continuum across every touchpoint of the customer experience.
- Be a mentor to newer designers, and help guide the design team’s work through your own example and feedback in real time and asynchronous critique.
You will thrive as a member of our design team if you:
- You have experience working in a B2B SaaS startup environment or a product design agency.
- You have an excellent portfolio with presentable case studies showing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, product sense, and idea generation for digital products.
- You have experience making impact in complex, sometimes ambiguous problem spaces. Bonus if you’ve worked on collaboration features, data analysis interfaces, or have worked in a growth design role.
- You can balance the needs of the user with the constraints of a project and the broader business goals.
- You can break down problems into solutions that balance simplicity, power, and flexibility. You know how to scope features effectively, anticipate where things might get complicated, and proactively propose options.
- You know how to use the right kind of fidelity, process, and validation during the design process. You deliver polished work and take pride in sweating the details of your craft.
- You have a knack for picking up new concepts quickly, and delight in solving for the needs of users who work in esoteric domains.
- You have effective critical thinking, verbal, and written communication skills. You know how to present your work to different audiences.
- You have a learning and growth mindset: our team size and design process will evolve and change many times over the next few years. You have empathy for your coworkers, and the resilience to be able to take feedback from anywhere, consider it gracefully, and fold it into your actions, thinking, and work.
- You understand the importance of organization & documentation (bonus points if you’ve used Notion in the past for this).
- You speak your mind and have no issue raising concerns with colleagues, but are also able to “disagree and commit” when things don’t go your way.
- You just read this whole list and got more excited than concerned.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Research shows that you may still be considered for a role if you meet just half of the requirements.
We go through the same interview steps for all Product Design candidates to ensure equity in our hiring process. Our process is designed to learn about you, as well as to give you access to our team and learn about what it's like to be a team member at Crossbeam.
- First-round call with a Crossbeam in-house recruiter
- 45-minute 1:1 interview with the hiring manager
- 60-minute portfolio presentation with members of the product and design teams
- 45-minute time-boxed collaborative design exercise with a member of the design team
- 45-minute interview with cross-functional team members
- 15-minute wrap-up with the hiring manager
Compensation and benefits
This is a salaried* role. In addition, Crossbeam offers:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Parental leave
- Stock Option Plan
- 401k Plan + Match
- Learning & Development Budget
- Remote Work Options
- Generous Wellness Stipend
*This role has been categorized as a Remote position. "Remote" employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to Crossbeam. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role. In Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City the standard base pay range for this role is $120,000-170,000 Annually. This base pay range is specific to Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City and may not be applicable to other locations. In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location.
Trust is our business. We create value by building trust in our company, our team, our technology, and our network. Never let anything compromise that trust.
Feed the Network. Our customer network is our most valuable asset. Prioritize its growth.
Equity. We will build a workplace that ensures everyone access to the same opportunities to share in our success.
This is Fun. Few people are lucky enough to do what we do. Follow the fun in every step of the journey.
Crossbeam's core value of Equity sits at the heart of our hiring process, and we're proud to be building a culture where differences are valued. Applicants from diverse and non-traditional backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, disability, age, or veteran status.
To applicants in the European Union & California: Please find our European Union & California Recruitment Policy Here