It’s an exciting time at Crossbeam. Less than three years post-launch, we have over eight thousand companies using our platform, raised more than $100M of venture capital from leading VC firms, and are working with awesome strategic investors like Salesforce, HubSpot, Okta, and Slack. Best of all, we’re just getting started. In a market full of uncertainty, we are fortunate to have an unwavering long-term vision and the funding to see it through at full speed.
Crossbeam helps companies partner with each other in a more data-driven way by acting as an escrow service for data. Our platform allows companies to find overlapping customers and prospects with their partners while keeping the rest of their data private and secure.
With this big idea comes some fun and unique technical challenges: We’re like a social network for data warehouses, so the data gets big and our results need to show up fast; we need to reliably find “matches” between data sets originating from different systems; we need our users to love the experience and capture real value every step of the way; security and trust are paramount. And there’s more where that came from.
You’ll be part of a rapidly growing team of experienced engineers as we take our software from early success to enterprise scale. This is an opportunity to get involved as we establish the best ways to grow as a software development team.
- Cultivating a Diverse Team: We are in the midst of rapid growth! You will collaborate heavily with People Operations and Engineering Leadership to hire, onboard, and grow a driven and highly motivated team with a focus on building a well-rounded product.
- Owning Your Team’s Systems: Develop a deep understanding of your team's systems in collaboration with your engineers and be able to guide conversations around prioritization and effort.
- Lead a High Performing Team: Collaborate with our product and design teams to prioritize, lead, and own complex technical projects from initial planning, execution, to early access and final delivery.
- Culture Development: Be a part of creating technology team culture (and overall team culture as well) in a remote-first (Zoom/Slack) environment. You should show empathy to all team members, we are all working towards the same goal, we all need to know our path is paved with sensitivity and helping hands.
- Communication & Mentoring: Be a resource for other developers on the team. The ability to show compassion when giving direction & performing reviews is paramount. You will lead the team through projects giving constructive feedback and participating in reviews of code & architecture.
THESE ARE SOME OF YOUR TRAITS:
- You are a leader, and you are excited to help your team succeed.
- You have 5+ years of experience as an individual contributor on a larger development team.
- You have experience leading a team of engineers through new feature builds.
- You have the ability to comprehend and track multiple technical initiatives simultaneously.
- You have a thoughtful approach to communication, a flexible nature, and a genuine interest in the success and growth of the people you work with.
- You are able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- You have experience writing backend code that is simple and performant.
- You have an understanding of interacting with databases, preferably relational (ideally Postgres or MySQL, but Mongo and other NoSQL databases work too).
- You are knowledgeable of various cloud technologies (AWS ideally, but Azure, etc, acceptable).
- You have the ability to understand big data as well as an excitement for data and the problems that need to be solved within it.
- You’re not afraid to speak up when you have a point of view, but can “disagree and commit” once a final decision is reached.
- You have an unrivaled work ethic and are excited to learn from the team around you.
- You work remotely as part of a larger team.
- You just read this whole list and got more excited than concerned.
We go through the same interview steps for all Engineering Manager candidates to ensure equity in our hiring process. Our process is designed to learn as much about each candidate as possible, as well as to give candidates access to our team and learn about what it's like to be a team member at Crossbeam. Topics will range from technical skills to problem-solving approaches and collaboration
- Crossbeam in-house recruiter call
- Scenario Screen with engineering leadership
- Final Interviews
This is a salaried* role. In addition, Crossbeam offers:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Parental leave
- Stock Option Plan
- 401k Plan + Match
- Learning & Development Budget
Remote Work Options*Residents of Colorado: There is a minimum salary of $160,000 plus equity and benefits for this position. Benefits may include, but are not limited to, health, dental, vision, 401k+ Match, flex PTO, parental leave, & fully remote work. Salary for this role may vary depending on your location, skills, and experience.
HOW WE WORK
This role can be based anywhere in the US.
Crossbeam has always been committed to building a remote-first culture, even before the pandemic. We have a founder footprint in the Philadelphia area and team members distributed across the country. The majority of our collaborative work happens on Slack and Zoom.
When travel feels comfortable again, we’ll celebrate with non-mandatory team offsites and events a few times a year.
Trust is our business. We create value by building trust in our company, our team, our technology, and our network. Never let anything compromise that trust.
Feed the Network. Our customer network is our most valuable asset. Prioritize its growth.
Equity. We will build a workplace that ensures everyone access to the same opportunities to share in our success.
This is Fun. Few people are lucky enough to do what we do. Follow the fun in every step of the journey.
Crossbeam's core value of Equity sits at the heart of our hiring process, and we're proud to be building a culture where differences are valued. Applicants from diverse and non-traditional backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, disability, age, or veteran status.