It’s an exciting time at Crossbeam. Less than three years post-launch, we have over five thousand companies using our platform, raised more than $100M of venture capital from leading VC firms, and are working with awesome strategic investors like Salesforce, HubSpot, Okta, and Slack. Best of all, we’re just getting started. In a market full of uncertainty, we are fortunate to have an unwavering long-term vision and the funding to see it through at full speed.
Crossbeam helps companies partner with each other in a more data-driven way by acting as an escrow service for data. Our platform allows companies to find overlapping customers and prospects with their partners while keeping the rest of their data private and secure.
With this big idea comes some fun and unique technical challenges- We are like a social network for data warehouses, so the data gets big and our results need to show up fast; we need to reliably find “matches” between data sets originating from different systems; we need our users to love the experience and capture real value every step of the way; security and trust are paramount. And there’s more where that came from.
You’ll join a small-but-growing team of experienced engineers to take our software from early success to enterprise scale. This is an opportunity to truly influence and contribute meaningfully to our product and engineering practices.
- Consistently be shipping features and enhancements with guidance from other team members.
- Work in tandem with other team members to create, test, and deploy functional code.
- Work with our other engineers to create strong backend code.
- Partner with Product Management, Design, and Customer Success teams to iterate on features and enhancements.
- Prioritize support issues which are reported by users and/or our Customer Success team, help to identify areas of improvement in the code base and contribute to make it better.
- Get involved with learning and collaborating with your team members.
- Help cultivate an environment where you can ask and be asked questions that will better the team as a whole.
- Work closely with more junior developers to strengthen the UI practice throughout the Crossbeam Engineering team.
These are some of your traits:
- You have at least four (4) years professional experience on an engineering team.
- You are excited about writing code in Clojure and/or Vue (our stack).
- You have experience writing backend code that is simple and effective.
- You have an understanding of a modern frontend framework, REST APIs, and how they interact with backend code.
- You have an understanding of interacting with databases: preferably relational (ideally Postgres or MySQL, but Mongo and other NoSQL databases work too).
- You have experience with cloud technologies (AWS ideally, but Azure, etc, acceptable).
- You have experience in building distributed systems using tools such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, SQS, etc.
- You believe in creating space for people with different backgrounds and viewpoints to share their opinions in a respectful environment.
- You embrace complex technical challenges and thrive on discovering simple solutions.
- You’re not afraid to speak up when you have a point of view, but can “disagree and commit” once a final decision is reached.
- You have an unrivaled work ethic and are excited to learn from the team around you.
- You have experience working remotely as part of a larger team.
- You just read this whole list and got more excited than concerned.
We go through the same interview steps for all Senior Software Engineer candidates to ensure equity in our hiring process. Our process is designed to learn as much about each candidate as possible, as well as to give candidates access to our team and learn about what it's like to be a team member at Crossbeam. Topics will range from technical skills to problem-solving approaches and collaboration
- Crossbeam in-house recruiter call
- Take Home Test
- Final Interviews
- Architecture with Engineering Leadership
- Pair Programming with Senior Engineers
- Product & Hiring Manager
- Built-in 15-minute breaks for you and us!
This is a salaried* role. In addition, Crossbeam offers:
- Healthcare plan (medical, dental & vision)
- Flexible PTO policy
- Parental leave
- Stock option plan
- 401k Plan with match
- Remote work options
- Learning and Development Budget
*Residents of Colorado: There is a minimum salary of $110,000 plus equity and benefits for this position. Benefits may include, but are not limited to, health, dental, vision, 401k+ Match, flex PTO, parental leave, & fully remote work. Salary for this role may vary depending on your location, skills, and experience.
HOW WE WORK
This role can be based anywhere in the US.
Crossbeam has always been committed to building a remote-first culture, even before the pandemic. We have a founder footprint in the Philadelphia area and team members distributed across the country. The majority of our collaborative work happens on Slack and Zoom.
When travel feels comfortable again, we’ll celebrate with non-mandatory team offsites and events a few times a year.
Trust is our business. We create value by building trust in our company, our team, our technology, and our network. Never let anything compromise that trust.
Feed the Network. Our customer network is our most valuable asset. Prioritize its growth.
Equity. We will build a workplace that ensures everyone access to the same opportunities to share in our success.
This is Fun. Few people are lucky enough to do what we do. Follow the fun in every step of the journey.
Crossbeam's core value of Equity sits at the heart of our hiring process, and we're proud to be building a culture where differences are valued. Applicants from diverse and non-traditional backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, disability, age, or veteran status.