It’s an exciting time at Crossbeam. Just over two years post-launch, we have over four thousand companies using our platform, raised more than $40M of venture capital from leading VC firms, and are working with awesome strategic investors like Salesforce, HubSpot, Okta, and Slack. Best of all, we’re just getting started. In a market full of uncertainty, we are fortunate to have an unwavering long-term vision and the funding to see it through at full speed.
Crossbeam helps companies partner with each other in a more data-driven way by acting as an escrow service for data. Our platform allows companies to find overlapping customers and prospects with their partners while keeping the rest of their data private and secure.
With this big idea comes some fun and unique technical challenges: We’re like a social network for data warehouses, so the data gets big and our results need to show up fast; we need to reliably find “matches” between data sets originating from different systems; we need our users to love the experience and capture real value every step of the way; security and trust are paramount. And there’s more where that came from.
You’ll join a small-but-mighty team of experienced engineers to take our software from early success to enterprise scale. This is an opportunity to truly influence and contribute meaningfully to our product and engineering practices and help create a beautiful and functional product.
- User Interface Development: Lead development of new features and improvements to Crossbeam’s products in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Team Collaboration: Be a partner to our Product Designers, turning design into pixel perfect UIs. Collaborate & learn with various other teams like Product Management, Engineering, and Customer Success to iterate on features and enhancements.
- Develop & Deploy: Consistently be shipping features and enhancements with guidance from other team members. Work in tandem with other team members to create, test, and deploy code.
- Learning & Growth: Get involved with learning and collaborating with your team members. Help cultivate an environment where you can ask and be asked questions that will better the team as a whole.
- Mentorship: Work closely with more junior developers to strengthen the UI practice throughout the Crossbeam Engineering team.
These are some of your traits
- You have 4+ years professional experience on an engineering team.
- You have deep knowledge of modern frontend frameworks, such as Vue* or React, and of REST APIs. (*we use Vue here!)
- You have strong testing practices with tools like Jest, Mocha, or Chai
- You have an understanding of interacting with databases, preferably relational (ideally Postgres or MySQL, but Mongo and other NoSQL databases work too).
- You can easily adapt prototypes with design tools (Figma, Storybook, Invision, etc)
- You are excited about the opportunity to help lead projects on a smaller team
- You have a wealth of experience to share with the team and help guide UI best practices
- You enjoy collaborating with product and design teams to create the best possible UI.
- You believe in creating space for people with different backgrounds and viewpoints to share their opinions in a respectful environment.
- You embrace complex technical challenges and thrive on discovering simple solutions.
- You’re not afraid to speak up when you have a point of view, but can “disagree and commit” once a final decision is reached.
- You have an unrivaled work ethic, and are excited to learn from the team around you.
- You just read this whole list and got more excited than concerned.
We go through the same interview steps for all Engineering candidates to ensure equity in our hiring process. Our process is designed to learn as much about each candidate as possible, as well as to give candidates access to our team and learn about what it's like to be a team member at Crossbeam. Topics will range from technical skills to problem-solving approaches and collaboration.
- Phone screen with in house recruiter
- Take Home Test
- Final Interview with a few members of the team:
- Engineering Leadership
- Pair Programming w/ Senior Engineers
- Product Managers
How We Work
This role can be based anywhere in the US.
Crossbeam has always been committed to building a remote-first culture, even before the pandemic. We have a founder footprint in the Philadelphia area and team members distributed across the country. The majority of our collaborative work happens on Slack and Zoom.
When travel feels comfortable again, we’ll celebrate with non-mandatory team offsites and events a few times a year.
Trust is our business. We create value by building trust in our company, our team, our technology, and our network. Never let anything compromise that trust.
Feed the Network. Our customer network is our most valuable asset. Prioritize its growth.
Equity. We will build a workplace that ensures everyone access to the same opportunities to share in our success.
This is Fun. Few people are lucky enough to do what we do. Follow the fun in every step of the journey.
Crossbeam's core value of Equity sits at the heart of our hiring process, and we're proud to be building a culture where differences are valued. Applicants from diverse and non-traditional backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, disability, age, or veteran status.