It’s an exciting time at Crossbeam. Just over two years post-launch, we have over four thousand companies using our platform, raised more than $40M of venture capital from leading VC firms, and are working with awesome strategic investors like Salesforce, HubSpot, Okta, and Slack. Best of all, we’re just getting started. In a market full of uncertainty, we are fortunate to have an unwavering long-term vision and the funding to see it through at full speed.
Crossbeam helps companies partner with each other in a more data-driven way by acting as an escrow service for data. Our platform allows companies to find overlapping customers and prospects with their partners while keeping the rest of their data private and secure.
With this big idea comes some fun and unique technical challenges: We’re like a social network for data warehouses, so the data gets big and our results need to show up fast; we need to reliably find “matches” between data sets originating from different systems; we need our users to love the experience and capture real value every step of the way; security and trust are paramount. And there’s more where that came from.
You’ll partner with our developers to ensure performance across our features. You will bring a mix of deep technical knowledge and operational business sense to deploy and scale systems in our fast-paced startup environment as the second SRE on the Engineering Team.
- Scaling & Growth. Take ownership of scaling our AWS EKS cluster, ELK stack, Postgres databases, Jenkins deployment, and more.
- Improvement of Process Work closely with other engineers on identifying and addressing shortcomings in our infrastructure and in our deployment processes.
- Monitoring and Alerting Build out more intelligent alerting systems, seek out potential threats to security and reliability, advocate solutions to these problems.
- Development. Grow and expand infrastructure products and software automation using Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
These are some of your traits:
- You have worked in development before, acquiring a keen interest in Site Reliability, and love bringing infrastructure and your drive for development together.
- You have a deep understanding of AWS. You understand the cloud better than you know yourself, strengths and weaknesses alike.
- You’re comfortable with Docker and, preferably, proficient with Kubernetes.
- You’ll bring a wealth of knowledge for scaling databases like ElasticSearch, Postgres, MongoDB, or others.
- You have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, thinking through big problems quickly is something you love.
- You have scaled a large software system and want to do it again.
- You just read this whole list and got more excited than concerned.
What to Expect from Crossbeam's Interview Process
We go through the same interview steps for all Engineering candidates to ensure equity in our hiring process.
Our process is designed to learn as much about each candidate as possible, as well as to give candidates access to our team and learn about what it's like to be an SRE at Crossbeam. Topics will range from Development experience to problem-solving approaches and collaboration.
- First-round call with a Crossbeam in-house recruiter
- Take-Home Test
- The final Interview is set up to meet multiple folks in succession, here's who you will meet:
- Director of Engineering
- A few Developers
- Customer Success & Product Management team members
- Built-in 15 minute breaks for you and us!
This is a salaried role. In addition, Crossbeam offers:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Parental leave
- Stock Option Plan
- 401k Plan + Match
How We Work
This role can be based anywhere in the US.
Crossbeam has always been committed to building a remote-first culture, even before the pandemic. We have a founder footprint in the Philadelphia area and team members distributed across the country. The majority of our collaborative work happens on Slack and Zoom.
When travel feels comfortable again, we’ll celebrate with non-mandatory team offsites and events a few times a year.
Trust is our business. We create value by building trust in our company, our team, our technology, and our network. Never let anything compromise that trust.
Feed the Network. Our customer network is our most valuable asset. Prioritize its growth.
Equity. We will build a workplace that ensures everyone access to the same opportunities to share in our success.
This is Fun. Few people are lucky enough to do what we do. Follow the fun in every step of the journey.
Crossbeam's core value of Equity sits at the heart of our hiring process, and we're proud to be building a culture where differences are valued. Applicants from diverse and non-traditional backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, disability, age, or veteran status.