Everyone Comfortable in Their Own Shoes
Crocs, Inc. (NASDAQ: CROX) is a world leader in innovative casual footwear for men, women and children. The company offers several distinct shoe collections with more than 300 four-season footwear styles. All Crocs™ shoes feature Croslite™ material, a proprietary, revolutionary technology that gives each pair of shoes the soft, comfortable, lightweight, non-marking and odor-resistant qualities that Crocs wearers know and love. Crocs fans “Get Crocs Inside” every pair of shoes, from the iconic clog to new sneakers, sandals, boots and heels. Since its inception in 2002, Crocs has sold more than 200 million pairs of shoes in more than 90 countries around the world.
Our office in Padua (Italy) is looking for a Sr. Compound Engineer.
The Sr. Compound Engineer, reporting to the Sr. Director Global Compound will have different areas of focus to support compound and process innovation & development, locally and globally, in addition to be the main referral for all the compound related development and sourcing activities in Western Hemisphere.
What will you do?
- Manage and operate local Compound Workshop and testing Laboratory, including equipment maintenance and calibration, external auditing, working plan and test execution.
- QA and monitoring of regional compound suppliers with metrics, audits and periodic reports.
- Interact directly in plant manufacturing environment with formal and informal audit in compounding area, laboratory and injection floor, following up improvement plan.
- Ensures business relationships between the company and suppliers are maintained at the highest level of trust and integrity.
- Support functional departments such as Product Execution, Costing, RS & Testing, Development teams to develop, transfer or improve compounds, technologies or best practice for compounding and injections related matters.
- Continuously explores and drives innovation through revolutionary and evolutionary changes in compounding, testing and injection processes.
- Promptly communicate issues found in current processes and products and help to resolve them.
Who are you?
- Bachelor/master's degree or higher in material engineering or material science or chemistry/polymer.
- At least 2 years of working experience within the rubber or plastic industry in compounding, development or processing area.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understanding of plastic injection, raw materials, testing and processing.
- Knowledge of some plastics materials and chemicals, rubber, thermoplastics manufacturing and compounding process.
- Strong analytical skills for problem solving and the creation, planning and execution of project work.
- Fluent English skills, other languages as a plus.
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and basic experience of project management.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Flexible, strong character, effective team builder, willing to learn and take challenges.
- Ability to communicate clearly across the organization and to take responsibilities.
- Curious, reliable, methodic.
- Available to travel abroad regionally and internationally.
- Located in Padua area and owns their car.
What do we offer?
- A job within an unique and fast growing global brand;
- 40 hours per week at the Italy office (remote combined), a fair salary and a bonus opportunity;
- Fun workplace, innovating working environment;
- Our great training curriculum with in-person sessions and a global eLearning platform offers you a lot of room for personal growth to get a little bit better every day;
- And so much more!
Sounds pretty amazing right? Well, what are you waiting for?!