A world leader in innovative, casual footwear, Crocs, Inc., is dedicated to the future of comfort. Our original and most famous style, the Classic Clog, is instantly recognized around the world — and for good reason: since 2002, we’ve sold more than 600 million pairs in over 90 countries! We achieved our status as a global leader in the casual footwear category by taking an inherently simple approach to uniting style, modern comfort and value.
Every day, we make a choice to have an open mind and look on the bright and colorful side of life. We embrace and celebrate the uniqueness in everyone, inviting the world to Come As You Are.
The Associate Business Systems Analyst is responsible for providing end user support for system applications used within the Crocs Ohio Distribution Center (OHDC), including Manhattan Warehouse Management (WMOS18), Dematic DiQ, Eurosort, and Logistyx. Responsibilities include responding to and resolving incidents and requests submitted by warehouse staff as well as working with business users and management to understand requirements, priorities and manage to their expectations. This position will also work with multiple departments to identify areas for process or system improvement.
This person will be a self-starter who is eager to learn supply chain technology. This role will be required to work a non-traditional shift and requires schedule flexibility. In addition, the ideal candidate must be available to support other shifts via an on-call rotation.
Primary Job Duties:
- Field incoming queries and requests from Distribution Center end users. Speaking directly to end users to quickly understand their issue.
- Gather required information related to the requests, troubleshoot to determine root cause and provide solutions to end users. Where necessary, replicate issues in non-production environment and escalate to appropriate IT departments, both internal and external.
- Recognize critical or above incidents and follow established escalation and notification paths for to engage appropriate teams in a timely manner. Manage communication and status updates to impacted parties.
- Assist HR department with user onboarding, termination process and maintenance of user master for supported applications. Provide reports and supporting documentation to internal and external auditors regarding user maintenance.
- Partner with Crocs training department to ensure the system components of training materials are accurate and up to date.
- Establish good working relationships with all levels of Operations – supervisors to end users. Work with the Operations team to identify pain points and opportunities for additional training. Work with Business Solution Architects to identify if there are potential system or process changes that can relieve common issues in Operations.
- Develop and maintain expertise on system functional flow at the Distribution Center.
- Support Business Solution Architects with testing and training of new system processes.
- Associate’s degree or prior relevant experience is required
- 0-2 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications and become a resident expert on the functionality used by Crocs OHDC.
- Strong decision-making skills used to determine different priority levels for reported incidents as well as the ability to prioritize amongst multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate the status of an incident to various audiences, technical and non-technical.
- Attention to detail and strong troubleshooting skills.
Crocs is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.