PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- Source new materials for new season
- Monitor material issues
- Complete material data base in centric
- New vendor qualification & management
- New material sourcing per design in NPI period (communication with designers and suppliers);
- Material supplier consolidation;
- Raw material price checking;
- Centric system support;
- AVL management (supplier audit, evaluation & management);
- Provide supplier with Forecast;
- Trend analysis;
- Creation of seasonal material stories.
- Contracts signed off with T2 vendors once a year
DELIVERABLES AND INDICATORS (KPIs):
- New materials are sourced in place in requested time.
- New vendors are approved & uploaded into centric in requested time.
- Materials issues are coordinated & resolved in requested time.
- Updated material costs are tracked correctly.
- Contracts with T2 vendors are updated & uploaded into centric annually
KEY ROLE DIMENSIONS:
Work with designers, PDM, OPDM, testing, costing, planning
Work with shoe factories NPI/purchasing, costing and T2 vendors.
College Diploma of English Major or equivalent
5+ year experience of material sourcing in footwear industry
Know characteristic of major shoe materials very well
- Good personality and high responsibility.
- Good communication and negotiation skills in both Chinese and English.
- Be sensitive to the updated material marketing prices;
- Proficient in Microsoft office operation.
- Ability to offer constructive suggestions in material option for new season.