HEYDUDE crafts comfortable, versatile, and accessible footwear and accessories. Founded in Italy in 2008, HEYDUDE pays diligent attention to detail and a passion for outstanding craftsmanship into every pair of HEYDUDE shoes. HEYDUDE believes its innovative, ultra-light comfort and casual yet versatile style is a winning combination. In February of 2022, Crocs, Inc. acquired HEYDUDE, a casual footwear brand with very high growth and high profit. This acquisition not only adds an outstanding brand to the Crocs portfolio, but will provide a wealth of opportunity for teamwork, career growth, and best practice sharing across the two brands.
The HEYDUDE Sr. Product Developer will be responsible for the development of new product from initial ideation through manufacturing. This person works with and support the Product Creation Team to develop the seasonal product line and influence product direction in regard to aesthetic, quality, cost and fit. They will ensure all regulatory and compliance measures are met within global guidelines. This challenging position will lead the development activities for unique timeline footwear platforms and related projects.
This collaborator role offers a hybrid work environment: ~3 days a week in our MA office!
What You'll Do
- Develop off timeline footwear projects from initial product ideation to Release to Manufacturing
- Build a forward-thinking development process that allows for expeditious iterations while mitigating risk
- Establish and ensure product margin targets are realized to meet strategic goals
- Validate that all new products meet design specifications and usage requirements
- Be responsible for the product and components of new footwear comply with company and industry standards
- Guide project management of multiple products to industry best timelines
- Use and improve project-tracking tools to ensure products are developed to company standards
- Report development status to senior management
- Vigilant in ensuring design for manufacturability solutions are implemented on all projects.
- Provide the leadership and build an outstanding quick to market development process
- Supervise project goals and results
- Project resource planning to ensure timely project advancement
- Build the collaborative team environment
- Build a relationship and an environment that promotes extraordinary development collaboration
- Create metrics and aim to meet development benchmarks
- Continually supervise costing during the product development process
- Guide vendors to instill a proactive, solution-based development organization
- Be responsible for handling development critical dates and project completion process.
- Develop, lead, and organize short-term goals critical to the function’s business development. Use internal and external partnerships that leverage resources and enhances business effectiveness.
- Lead by example. Experience Facilitating and expediting the growth and development of the team. Conduct and organize cross functional teammates to create the best possible collaborative working environment.
- Background in supervising Project Management and accuracy of the project development activity. Collaborate with global teams to make sure the development projects and load is appropriate for global teams and factories.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, Business or an equivalent of 5-7 years’ experience in design and/or development of consumer products, with minimum 3 years footwear development or engineering experience
- Process improvement experience and skills
- Shown project management and problem-solving experience.
- Experience in working with overseas factories and working collaboratively with production/commercialization management
- Strong negotiating skills and sense of urgency
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to judge multiple priorities and deliver results
- Ability to communicate issues and priorities to multiple levels of the organization
- Some travel may be requested
HEYDUDE is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Title: Sr. Product Development Specialist
Job Level: Sr. Professional Individual Contributor
Career Level: CL5
Salary Range: $85,000 - $100,000
Workplace Persona: Collaborator
This position is eligible to participate in a company incentive program.
This position is eligible for company benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision coverage, life and AD&D, short and long term disability coverage, paid time off, employee assistance, participation in a 401k program that includes company match, and many other additional voluntary benefits.