Objectives of the role:
The Sr. Manager of Strategic Projects leads and manages the development and implementation of projects/initiatives that are driving growth acceleration across the Asia region. Brings cross functional teams together to drive the business forward (cross country and function).
This individual acts as a liaison between the GM of the Asia region and the regional/country management teams, helping keep projects focused on the agreed-upon goals, facilitating two-way communication and performing analysis and gathering research to remove roadblocks and facilitate faster decision-making, and ensuring communication and reporting are happening smoothly and consistently. The role will partner to help guide business planning, establishing metrics and accountability mechanisms, and tracking results against project plans. Interacting across multiple functional areas, this individual will significantly increase interdepartmental efficiencies. This role offers broad exposure to general management, brand management, financial planning and growth strategies.
- China acceleration – drive execution of China Rise strategies and, at the same time, identify potential areas for further acceleration or areas that require re-evaluation or course correction.
In addition, support in executive communications by managing and developing content for presentations, incl. board/SLT meetings.
- Translate global strategies into action and define business opportunities and implications across the region. Lead transformation initiatives in support of scaling the company for growth.
- As part of digital transformation, build a strategy to harness the power of data. This includes (a) championing internal analytics capabilities and (b) defining a roadmap of use cases for e.g., AI and data trends that will generate the most value add and progressively develop capabilities (using external or building internal resources).
- Define and drive projects/initiatives for market intelligence for the Asia region.
- Define annual learning plan for the region and key markets and set-up programmatic approach to gathering and analyzing industry, consumer and competitor intelligence.
Experience and Skills:
The successful candidate will have the ability to operate at senior levels of the company, develop strategic analysis that sways decision makers, and build successful relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally to help drive results. The candidate must have a deep aptitude for numbers, be able to understand business strategies, and be able to develop strategic frameworks as well as translate key themes and tactics into understandable, executable components and messages for broad consumption. Strong project management skills to support driving cross group initiatives are required.
- 6+ years of prior experience in strategy, management consulting and/or finance.
- Bachelor's degree and MBA is a plus.
- Creativity in solving problems and generating innovative solutions.
- Strong financial skills, analytical abilities, including Excel modeling skills.
- The ability to drive change management and influence change across teams.
- Strong project management skills: ability to drive multiple high profile projects forward, effective leverage of all resources to drive results, ability to create excellent processes.
- Well-honed written and verbal communication skills, including ability to translate insight into content, create slide or written presentations, create overall communication plans, and present to Leadership Team.