A world leader in innovative, casual footwear, Crocs, Inc., is dedicated to the future of comfort. Our original and most famous style, the Classic Clog, is instantly recognized around the world — and for good reason: since 2002, we’ve sold more than 600 million pairs in over 90 countries! We achieved our status as a global leader in the casual footwear category by taking an inherently simple approach to uniting style, modern comfort and value.
Every day, we make a choice to have an open mind and look on the bright and colorful side of life. We embrace and celebrate the uniqueness in everyone, inviting the world to Come As You Are.
Crocs' Data Governance Manager has primary responsibility for implementing an enterprise wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality, transparency, accountability and adoption, through modifications to organization policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture.
You're hard working and love fast paced, ever-changing landscapes. You’re passionate about data, making sense of it, and educating others throughout Crocs. You're detail-oriented, but don't lose sight of the big picture. Partnering with different business teams excites you to be a part of a transformative effort. Your mission will be to help to enable better decisions, faster.
- Establish the Data Governance strategy and vision, and coordinate with stakeholders to increase data governance maturity.
- Establish and operate the data governance committee, comprised of data domain owners to implement data standards, set goals, define plans to achieve objectives, and resolve escalated data governance issues.
- Educate key business stakeholders to drive data governance strategies across the organization.
- Provide progress reports to management and oversee periodic updates to the Data Governance Roadmap.
- Build and maintain key relationships
- Excellent attention to detail with a willingness to get into the "weeds" as needed
- Coordinate and monitor data cleanup activities with domain owners.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of an enterprise data dictionary, end-to-end data flows/transformations and data lineage.
- The Data Governance manager serves as a point of escalation for governance, data quality and protection issues and will work closely with Business area leadership to improve the quality and value of core data assets,
- Align the data governance program with the company’s strategic priorities to support reporting needs, system implementations, etc
- Identify process / data gaps, and works with business owners to identify and propose solutions
- Define actions required to achieve global understanding and alignment on KPIs
- Responsible for on-going data monitoring and compliance with the Data Governance rules and definitions
- Lead data governance workstreams within other projects
Required Skills and Knowledge:
Bachelor's degree in the field of computer science, data science, Business, or equivalent experience
5+ years of professional experience in data strategy, taxonomy, or governance
Project management within a commercial organization
Excellent business process and change management skills with ability to develop strategy, influence stakeholders, drive implementation and measure success.
Strong communication skills: ability to interact with senior leadership and technical teams
Demonstrated commitment to customer service; anticipates and exceeds expectations by solving problems effectively and making customer issues a priority
A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected; must be a problem solver and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to think strategically and operate tactically
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience implementing and managing a data governance program
- Familiarity with SAP
- Experience with corporate reporting tools: Power BI, SQL, WEBi
Crocs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Title: Data Governance Manager
Job Level: Manager level Professional Individual Contributor
Career Level: CL6
Salary Range: $94600 - $141800
This position is eligible to participate in a company incentive program.
This position is eligible for company benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision coverage, life and AD&D, short and long term disability coverage, paid time off, employee assistance, participation in a 401k program that includes company match, and many other additional voluntary benefits.