The Yard Driver is responsible for operating and managing powered equipment to maneuver containers in our shipping and receiving yard, load and unload product and move them to and from the loading docks and racking areas. This is a Weekend Shift position: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 6am - 630pm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for operating shuttles to move trailers from building to building, staging area and from various loading dock doors
- Responsible for documenting all trailer moves and submitting the daily move sheet to the shipping office upon the completion of the shift
- Responsible for taking the Yard Truck offsite to fuel the vehicle as needed
- Couple and uncouple tractor trailer units
- Connect and disconnect brake lines as needed
- Safely and efficiently operate powered equipment on the warehouse floor, including Walkie Riders, Forklifts, Turret Trucks and Order Pickers
- Effectively use the Warehouse Management System (Manhattan) to complete system transactions to ensure product is properly accounted for
- Prepare and complete orders for receipt, delivery or pickup according to schedule
- Maintain quality service by accurately and diligently following set processes and company standards
- Maintains safe working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Ensure the proper hand off is given to the following shift
- Work at or above established productivity standards
- Inspect machinery at beginning and end of each shift to identify damages or issues that need to be escalated or reported
- Comply with all company policies and guidelines in regards to safety and operations
- Shift to various departments to support peak operations and performs other duties in warehouse as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have DOT certifiable and a good MVR and currently have a Class A CDL (commercial driver's license) with an air brake endorsement
- Able to complete tasks by following verbal and computer instruction on the RF scanner
- Experience using shuttle transports to put away product, pallets and bulk quantity of product
- Certified operator of a Walkie Rider, Pallet Riders, Hand Truck, or Fork Lift, Turret Truck
- 3-5 yrs previous warehouse experience preferred
- Good communication, organizational, time management mathematical skills
- Experience with WMS / Manhattan
- Dependable and Reliable, proven track record of reliable attendance and performance in warehouse environment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, Standard operating procedures and operating instruction
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-30 lbs
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Required to sit and climb or balance
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus
Crocs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.