AS AN APPLICANT YOU AGREE TO AND UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING:
1. Background Checks: Applicants who are offered employment with Crocs, Inc. (“Crocs”), or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies, may be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, an employment and educational verification, and/or a criminal background check. Further information will be provided, if applicable. I hereby release Crocs and all other persons, companies, or other entities furnishing such information from any and all liability or damage resulting therefrom.
2. At-Will Employment: I understand that nothing in this application, or in any prior or subsequent oral or written statement, is intended to imply or create a contract of employment. I further understand that, if hired, my employment is “at will,” which means that either I or Crocs may terminate the employment relationship at any time for any reason or no reason, with or without notice and with or without cause. I also understand that while personnel policies and procedures may change from time to time, such at-will status is not subject to change absent a written agreement signed by Crocs’ Chief Executive Officer or Senior Vice President – Chief People Officer.
3. Statute of Limitations: I agree that any claim or lawsuit arising out of my employment, or the termination of my employment, must be filed no later than six (6) months after the date of the employment action that is the subject of the claim or lawsuit, except where specifically prohibited by law. I hereby waive any statute of limitations to the contrary.
4. Waiver of Jury Trial: Should I become employed, as a term and condition of employment, I agree to waive my constitutional and/or statutory right to a jury trial in any lawsuit arising out of my employment, or the termination of my employment, with Crocs. Any lawsuit that I may bring against Crocs will be tried to a judge without a jury. I understand that I am waiving my right to a jury trial voluntarily and knowingly and free from duress or coercion. I understand that I have the right to consult with a person of my choosing, including an attorney, before signing this document.
5. Class and Collective Action Waiver: I understand and agree that as a term and condition of working for Crocs, I am waiving my right to participate as a member in a class or collective action lawsuit and/or act as a representative of a class or collective action of similarly situated individuals in any lawsuit against Crocs. I further agree that I will only pursue any claim or lawsuit relating to my employment (including my application for employment or my termination of employment) as an individual, and will not lead, join, or serve as a member of a class or group of persons bringing such a claim or lawsuit. Nothing in this Waiver, however, restricts the right of employees to file charges directly with local, state or federal government protection agencies charged with handling statutory rights such as, and without limitation, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), or the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
6. Active Application: While I understand that this application will be kept on file for a period of up to one (1) year (2 years in California), I further understand that it will only be considered active for six (6) months. If I wish to be considered for employment after such time period, I understand that I must reapply. I further understand that separate applications may be required for each position for which I wish to be considered.
7. True and Correct Information: I certify that all information provided in this application is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, and agree that any falsification, misstatement, misrepresentation, or omission in this application, interview(s), or in any other employment form, will result in a decision not to hire me, or to discharge me if discovered after I am hired. I also hereby certify that the electronic signature below has been adopted by me and is the legally binding equivalent of my handwritten signature.
8. E-Verify: Crocs is enrolled in the E-verify program in certain states. The program allows an employer to electronically confirm an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States after completion of Form I-9. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.
Arizona Applicants: All workplace facilities are a smoke-free environment.
Maryland/Massachusetts Applicants: All prospective and existing employees do not need to take a lie detector test.
Rhode Island: Crocs does not directly contribute to the Rhode Island state workers’ compensation fund.
I HAVE READ CAREFULLY, HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT, UNDERSTAND, AND VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO THE ABOVE CONDITIONS OF ANY EMPLOYMENT THAT MAY BE OFFERED TO ME BY CROCS. MY SIGNATURE CERTIFIES THAT I HAVE READ AND AGREE WITH THE ABOVE STATEMENTS.