This Cloud Networking Engineer position will oversee IT Network infrastructure functions for Crocs Globally. Working with the Network Architect, the selected candidate will proactively manage the infrastructure networking technology, implement approved network architectures, work with the Crocs DC IT team as well as be responsible for Azure/AWS and cloud networking practices.
Responsibilities will also include providing guidance and technical hand offs to Tier 1 and Tier 2 operations teams, develop operational practices, and support cross functional projects. Must possess strong collaboration and infrastructure design skills across multiple technologies to thoroughly meet customer requirements as a part of Crocs global standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help design and maintain Azure, AWS, and partner platforms to accommodate growth, resiliency, and the migration of on premise applications
- Responsible for the implementation and support of IT Infrastructure globally including distribution centers, retail locations and remote business offices
- Assist in the roll out of all store and regional facilities to create consistency, cost savings, and higher availability
- Create support model for network infrastructure by leveraging partners, MSPs, and in-house personnel
- Serve as T3 escalation point for network troubleshooting, and design decisions
- Lead projects and be product owner for Infrastructure initiatives leveraging partners and various resellers to complete key initiatives and objectives
- Ensures completeness of technical requirements and functional architecture analysis for the design and implementation of system business solutions.
- Manage SDWAN global implementation, cost efficiencies and ensure consistent support and service delivery is meeting SLAs and customer expectations
- Support the Crocs Security and Audit teams regarding periodic audits and cyber security risk mitigation
- Support and facilitate change management, release management and resource planning functions
- Provide consultant services to various technology stakeholders to leverage security controls that ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of information utilized throughout company’s business applications
- Help analyze and facilitate the selection of technology solutions for the customer base
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- A Bachelor’s degree or prior relevant experience is required
- Minimum 5 years of broad IT Network Infrastructure experience in a global company (Prefer retail)
- Must have a thorough knowledge of current technologies and capabilities of servers, internet, personal computing devices and voice/ data network technology
- Proven experience in infrastructure design and change management principles
- Excellent ability to understand and realize the organizations goals and objectives
- Strong knowledge across a broad set of infrastructure solutions/ concepts including Cloud Computing, SAN Storage, Desktop computing, WAN and LAN concepts
- Supporting complex infrastructure solutions and systems that have a global impact
- Experience writing scripts to perform routine tasks, with preference to experience with PowerShell and Python.
- Exposure to designing or architecting cloud based solutions in Azure, specifically around PaaS, and IaaS
- Experience migrating mission critical applications to Azure or other cloud hosted provider
- Exposure to configuring and architecting solutions around Palo Alto Networking, Cisco, Meraki, VOIP Telephony and SD-WAN technologies
- Experience working with partners and vendors to complete large scale infrastructure solutions
- Experience working with a globally distributed team, and ability to work with technologists of various cultures.
- A Cisco (CCNA, CCNP), PaloAlto, or other networking certification would be viewed favorably
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple initiatives, as a team player, in a collaborative and fast-paced environment and demonstrate strong technical design and decision making skills
- The desire to build solid partnerships with Regional business units while at the same time keeping a global view of corporate IT strategy
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to present ideas in a business friendly language with a focus on Value proposition
- Highly motivated self-starter with a “Sense of Urgency” who can both lead, and be a part of highly productive teams
- Exceptional customer service orientation with strong problem solving ability
Crocs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.