This role is responsible for preparing financial statements and the related schedules to support footnote disclosures in the quarterly and annual SEC filings (Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, and DEF14A/Proxy). It is responsible for adhering to control processes affecting the financial statements or financial performance of the company and will provide support for SOX control testing. This role will also be responsible for managing special/ad-hoc projects and providing assistance in performing technical accounting research.
Primary Job Duties:
- Prepare and review SEC reports (Forms 10-Q, 10-K, and 8-K), and other external reports including proxy statement filings, earnings press releases, and earnings scripts. This includes, but is not limited to, tasks such as rolling forward SEC reporting templates, rolling forward the SEC documents, preparing footnote and related underlying disclosure reports, tie-out of completed disclosures, completing and aiding in control testing of disclosures, drafting new disclosures, and addressing formatting and conformity of the SEC documents.
- Prepare consolidated and segment-based financial statements schedules, inclusive of the statement of cash flows, to include in external SEC financial reports. Drive efforts to streamline and conform the related processes.
- Support external and internal audit requests and inquiries related to all SEC reports.
- Serve as a key financial reporting liaison to other departments within the Crocs organization, strengthening communication and engagement with other teams that work closely with accounting to accomplish quarterly internal and external reporting and disclosure goals.
- Serve as the primary contact for the segment and corporate reporting package templates and related management reports. Drive efforts to streamline and conform processes required for gathering footnote disclosure and statement of cash flow data. Build relationships and strengthen communication with segment controllers regarding reporting pack completion, quality of data reported, and adherence to control procedures, etc.
- Adhere to control processes affecting the financial statements or financial performance of the company. This includes ensuring SOX compliance of financial reporting and disclosure controls, participating in and providing support for control occurrence for control walkthroughs and SOX control testing. Provide support to financial reporting team by maintaining control evidence for controls, performing quarter-end inventory of control compliance, and contributing to a culture of a strong control environment.
- Serve as a key user of the financial reporting software utilized for building SEC reports (Workiva). Build footnotes and other reporting disclosures within the software. Review all XBRL tagging.
- Provide assistance in researching accounting guidance as new accounting standards are implemented, transactions are contemplated or completed, or as increased disclosure requirements arise. Attend quarterly financial reporting and technical accounting webinars and training to increase awareness of current events.
- Lead various ad hoc projects as assigned and continuously find ways to improve departmental quality through creating efficiencies, streamlining repetitive processes, and utilizing technology.
- Support strategic initiatives and other key accounting and finance goals. Support a positive accounting team and professional culture in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- 3+ years in public accounting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong technical accounting and SEC knowledge
- ERP system exposure, inclusive of SAP and BPC
- Strong financial process experience, including financial close, reporting, internal controls, experience with Sarbanes-Oxley, and working with independent auditors
- Workiva experience is a plus
- Exposure to consolidation and foreign currency at a multi-national public company is a plus.
Crocs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.