The Sr. Director Demand Management for the Americas team will lead an inventory and demand planning team and be accountable for ensuring product availability to support the revenue forecasts and profitability goals, while maintaining optimized inventory levels. This role will lead the development, communication and execution of product supply, demand and contingency plans to meet Crocs’ overall financial goals.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Understand the market dynamics including seasonality, competitive activity, trends, ad plans, category role, sales objectives, sales drivers and life cycle plans. Translate those into an executable plan throughout the IBP process.
- Lead the supply planning team to execute the supply planning process and dynamically manage business opportunities and supply constraints.
- Steward the quality and integrity of the inventory and & demand planning processes.
- Provide guidance where demand shaping strategies should be employed.
- Develop and implement inventory strategies in collaboration with the channel / regional leads
- Responsible for developing and executing the open-to-buy process across all channels
Stakeholder management & communication
- Proactively communicate senior management of any channel/regional demand and inventory opportunities.
- Collaborate with cross-regional / cross-functional partners to optimize sales & inventory opportunities for Crocs.
- Work closely with Customer Service to ensure order book adheres to buying calendar guidelines.
- Responsible for developing and driving continuous process improvement opportunities.
- Lead the regional IBP process.
- Ensure the proper meeting structure is setup and complied with, to guarantee the execution of the IBP process.
Execution of the plan
- Track demand plan accuracy and consumption to merchandising plans and financial targets.
- Monitor the leading inventory metrics and reporting to proactively anticipate, communicate and address sales and inventory opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 15 years of demonstrated experience in demand or supply planning in wholesale or retail environment. Preferably in a multi-channel, global environment.
- Experience in specialty footwear is preferred.
- The candidate must combine a working knowledge of world-class supply chain practices strong analytical capabilities, and business savvy
- SAP experience a plus
- Project management a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess a solid understanding of and comfort with business intelligence tools.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Access).
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) for effective management of teams and stakeholders.
- Strong presentation skills and executive presence to senior level executives and external key accounts.
- Strong planning and allocation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be strategic, execute plans, strategies and achieve desired results.
- Proven ability to exercise sound business judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems of varied scope. Must be able to act decisively in implementing solutions through leading a team.
- Strong organizational skills for planning workload, resources and consistently monitoring progress towards goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work agilely in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate as a leader and individual contributor.
- Must possess ability to persuade, influence and build consensus among all parties.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively and persist in the face of obstacles.
Crocs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.