The Senior Buyer / Buying Manager drives the globally aligned merchandising vision for Crocs, the industry-leading casual footwear brand specializing in comfortable, fun, innovative and irreverent product lines designed to surprise and delight our millions of loyal Crocs fans and future Crocs fans.
The Senior Buyer / Buying Manager is the voice of their consumer. They understand their consumers’ needs and desires and translate this knowledge into intelligent and realistic product and inventory plans. The Senior Buyer / Buying Manager is responsible for creating and planning consumer-right assortments using the Global Must Buy and Elective seasonal assortments which support the Brand’s key strategies and initiatives for Full Line and Outlet channels. Through excellent pre-season product and inventory planning and action-oriented in-season placement, price and promotion management they enable their channel to meet its revenue, product margin and inventory plans.
The Senior Buyer / Buying Manager will support the Merchandise Planner by providing the seasonal assortment framework and in season initiatives to meet revenue, product margin and inventory targets. The Senior Buyer / Buying Manager is responsible for the assortment, sales and promotions from seasonal plan to product disposition. The Senior Buyer / Buying Manager will establish market right initial pricing, mark down cadence, and manage and plan for promotional activity together with the Retail Commercial Lead. The Senior Buyer / Buying Manager will have overall responsibility for product margin and drive success through management of product mix and promotional cadence. They will maintain consumer focused by utilizing consumer insights, conducting in-store walk-throughs and keeping abreast of market macro environment shifts and trends. The Senior Buyer / Buying Manager will complete regular analysis of in-season performance, communicate with comprehension to all stakeholders and global teams, and play forward learning with Merchandise Planner for forward forecasts.
The right candidate can identify and leverage emerging trends and best practices in the marketplace to ensure the most effective merchandising and consumer experience. Strong cross functional business relationships are critical to effectively executing product and brand strategies, while leading broad initiatives.
- Responsible for meeting revenue and product margin targets in Retail Full Line and Outlet channels
- Define and manage assortment for all Crocs product lines for all store grades, including Full Line and Outlet stores, in line with global guidelines and go-to-market calendar, ensuring a consistent look, feel and product representation across all stores
- Design seasonal events calendar and execute with product and promotional plan to meet revenue and product margin targets
- Define and manage seasonal business plans and assortment framework by gender level; project long term product and sales implications and leverage product cycle
- Product SME: understand purpose, consumer, end use and how to leverage sales
- Key leader in seasonal go-to-market process: tie together visual merchandising, marketing and operations with planned product launch
- Work cross-functionally with merchants in eCommerce and Wholesale to establish a consistent omni-channel approach for assortment, pricing, pricing set up in alignment to the regional pricing matrix and promotional cadence
- Competitive analysis and consumer insights
- Responsible for developing and communicating channel performance high-sighting and forward looking optimization to all stakeholders
- Together with Retail Commercial Lead, is responsible for analyzing business performance and formulating a go forward plan to meet revenue and product margin targets
- Market visits every 6-8 weeks to evaluate macro environment and learning for improvement of assortment, pricing and promotions
- Work with Regional Training Manager to ensure all training materials published reflect the retail assortment, pricing, product attributes and end use
- Provide input to budget planning with detailed bottoms up merchandising plan and highlight any opportunities and risks
- Approach all tasks with the consumer in mind, ensuring we continue exciting our consumers in store
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Self-starter who works well in a demanding, fast-paced and high performance environment
- 10 years in planning and/or merchandising within a direct to consumer environment
- Strong understanding of market competition, consumer and market trends
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to independently utilize resources to increase knowledge
- Ability to take initiative and adapt quickly to changes
- Proven ability to successfully work in a highly cross-functional matrix environment
- High energy, high initiative, decisive and confident
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to travel
- Ability to successfully communicate cross-culturally
- Strong knowledge of the China retail footwear landscape and consumer insights