Critical Mass is looking for a driven Sr. AEM developer to join the BMW NA team responsible for BMWUSA.com. Our work environment is collaborative, solution-oriented, and fast-paced. AEM is the backbone of the website, and we use the latest that AEM and front end technologies have to offer to power the digital marketing platform for the world's most iconic automotive brands. The components and services you will build keep the site on the cutting edge of the automotive industry.
As someone well-versed in AEM, you understand the need to keep the authoring experience fast & efficient. You understand how all the pieces fit together and how components can be reused to create a scaleable, maintainable design system. We value testing and documentation as a means of ensuring the platform can be contributed to by others. You'll contribute to that and have the opportunity to evolve our AEM development standards to ensure the highest quality deliverable. We work hard, have a lot of fun along the way and hope you’ll join us.
This position can be done remotely depending on location, within Canada and the US.
- Be a source of expertise on Adobe Experience Manager and related Adobe products
- Develop and maintain Java services within the OSGi platform (Apache Felix)
- Manage the integration points between AEM and other services & systems
- Assist in architecture design and implementation plans for AEM projects
- Troubleshoot issues that arise on the BMWUSA platform
- Participate in team activities including providing mentorship and performing code reviews
- Manage and maintain the content deployment workflows in the CMS
- Provide CMS administration and build support to the BMW team
- Help to define and rollout development standards and documentation for AEM
- Experience developing within CMS platforms, preferably Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 or newer.
- 5+ years experience in Java development or equivalent
- Experience working as part of an enterprise-grade development project
- Creative problem solving and troubleshooting in large-scale systems
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills and a strong team contributor
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly
- Experience using the Atlassian stack and Slack
You May Have:
- Working knowledge of Node.js, ES6, HTML, and CSS
- Experience working with Spring Boot or similar, especially for web services
- Experience with performance optimization techniques
- Experience with the principles of Inclusive Design, Accessibility, WCAG guidelines
- Experience using and configuring build automation tools (Maven, Jenkins, etc.)
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol, UNIX shell scripting, and networking