Database Administrator (DBA)
As a Database Administrator, you’re looking to wear multiple hats as a hands-on architect, developer, and administrator. Supporting the day-to-day data management functions will help you hone your craft—but you’ll also be creating and maintaining PL/SQL scripts, procedures, functions, triggers, SQL, and Linux/Unix shell. You’ll be converting project requirements to ERD diagrams and data models, as well as installing, configuring, and maintaining Oracle RDBMs and other databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server. Most importantly, you’re a team player who can adeptly work the Technology discipline and its leaders, as well as cross-functional teams like Project Management and Client Services.
- Install, configure, upgrade, tune, and maintain the production, development, and tests of databases.
- Work with Oracle RDBMS and other databases, like MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, and AWS Redshift.
- Perform database patching for Oracle RDBMS.
- Monitor and maintain clustered databases.
- Monitor and maintain replication databases.
- Perform backup and restore of databases.
- Monitor the databases’ performance responding to database alerts and tune them as necessary.
- Develop PL/SQL scripts, procedures, functions, triggers, SQL and Linux / Unix shell.
- Plan and execute database migrations.
- Develop and test ETL processes to interface data from multiple data sources.
- Load target databases using transformations.
- Designing data models.
- Monitor loads and troubleshoot any issues that arise.
- Collaborate with others to provide support, share skills, and learn more.
- Provide database insights on client projects and internal projects.
- 5+ years of experience with Oracle 12c, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, AWS Redshift, AWS RDS.
- 3+ years of experience using shell scripting in a Linux / Unix environment.
- Solid understanding of relational database modeling and design.
- Strong SQL and PL/SQL programming and debugging skills.
- Experience in performance tuning, query optimization, and index tuning.
- Knowledge of Backup and Recovering.
- Strong experience with ETL processes, data engineering associated with data warehousing.
- Solid experiences with AWS cloud infrastructure, AWS Glue/Lake Formation, AWS Lambda.
- Familiarity with design, maintenance and administration of NOSQL databases
- Strong experience with Python, NodeJS.
- Familiarity in the design, construction and management of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions.
- Management of data feeds utilizing both structured (e.g. XML/JSON) and flat schemas (e.g. CSV,TXT,XLSX) across a wide range of electronic delivery mechanisms (e.g. API/SFTP).
- Experience working with the project teams in a fast pace environment.