The Critical Mass team in Cupertino sits and works should-to-shoulder with our client. We create applications which drive one of the world’s most trafficked websites. We play an active role helping our client connect their consumers globally through mobile, digital, and in-store experiences.
This team is focused on bringing new product pages to life. You’ll work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to launch new product landing pages for our client’s site. These pages will showcase new product versions and/or updates. There is typically a major release every fall and some smaller updates through the year. If you are a strategic senior copywriter with client-facing experience, who loves the latest and greatest new ‘it product’, this is the role and team for you.
As a Senior Copywriter, you are a storyteller at the core who loves to collaborate with creatives and strategists to bring a digital voice to life. Grasping communication challenges and devising imaginative solutions that are both brilliant and on-brand is what you do. You’re also know the ins and outs of site copy, banner ads, direct e-mails, interactive scripts, and other online marketing.
To demonstrate high-quality, insightful approaches with outstanding results, you pull from a wide variety of experiences on past projects. Copy is your comfort-zone, but you’ve got a well-rounded knowledge of the broader industry—digital retail experiences, usability, online marketing, and traditional advertising. You’re also a dynamic leader who can champion a creative direction with clients and be an inspiring mentor to junior copy staff.
- Lead concept development with the ability to present to internal senior stakeholders.
- Partner with designers, art directors, and creative directors to bring concepts to life.
- Work closely with art directors and designers to ensure copy tone and style are consistent with visual tone and style.
- Participate in strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development, and creative execution.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Interact with project teams to understand business objectives and audience demographics.
- Translate creative direction and copy points from creative briefs into engaging and effective copy concepts.
- Maintain high standards of copywriting and exercise quality control.
- 7-10 years’ experience as a copywriter in an agency environment—including experience with interactive media and direct marketing.
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to write in a range of voices and styles for varied projects with diverse audiences across digital campaigns, advertising, film, and video.
- Proven aptitude for quick, creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines.
- A keen enthusiasm for and demonstrable understanding of Web trends and technologies.
- A strong understanding of marketing (especially direct marketing) and advertising principles.
- Experience with brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development, and creative execution.
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively juggle diverse writing demand.