The Critical Mass team in Cupertino sits and works should-to-shoulder with our client. We create applications which drive one of the world’s most trafficked websites. We play an active role helping our client connect their consumers globally through mobile, digital, and in-store experiences.
This team is focused on bringing new product pages to life. You’ll work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to launch transactional, commerce-driven experiences for our client’s site. These pages will showcase new product versions and/or updates. There is typically a major release every fall and some smaller updates through the year. If you are a pixel perfect visual designer with flawless execution, who loves the latest and greatest new ‘it product’, this is the role and team for you.
As a Senior Digital Designer you fully understand user experience as it pertains to the psychology of purchasing products. You can easily prepare files for handoff to development teams and you can review dev work to ensure the quality. Any time you’ve spend Prototyping or as a Product Designer will come in handy on this team. If you’ve spent the bulk of your time as a creative in a large scale agency or company where big teams work on the same project, personal projects are a huge plus in your portfolio to show your personal style and strength.
- Create original designs that align to project goals, creative direction, fluid templates, and client standards.
- Collaborate with Art Directors, UX Designers, and the larger project team to explore concepts and iterate on design layouts.
- Prepare for creative reviews by outputting optimized files and presentation materials.
- Consult with technical disciplines to ensure designs work within given limitations, and files are prepared with all necessary information to support the design intent.
- Review final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, and typography are flawless.
- A minimum of 6-10 years experience specializing in visual design for the web, mobile and/or app design.
- Proficient in the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, proportion, rhythm, emphasis, and unity.
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, creative workplace and to deliver quality digital designs at a high volume in a tight timeframe.
- Photoshop expertise, including intelligently organizing files for design iteration and web production while adhering to graphic design standards.
- Ability to articulate ideas and be clearly understood by creative, project management, and development staff, both in verbal and in written format.
- Ability to create prototypes that convey preferred states, motion, and behaviors for interactive concepts.
- An understanding of the strengths and limitations of After Effects, Sketch, Principle as well as information architecture and hierarchy.
- An understanding of front-end web and mobile development, including HTML, CSS, iOS, and other technologies.