The Senior Account Director provides overall direction and leadership to the client’s business, as well as facilitates communication between clients, office staff and internal teams. They are regarded by the client as an expert and trusted advisor.
They will be embedded with our clients working across strategic, conceptual and executional projects that elevate the end customer experience and solve complex business challenges in the areas of digital platform work, marketing science, content development, social media, and digital campaigns. They will be responsible for working with clients to collect business objectives, set and manage expectations, connect projects in with the larger ecosystem of the brand’s marketing initiatives and ensure the work and team are tracking toward the vision and roadmap set forth.
The Senior Account Director is responsible for client satisfaction, overall business growth and profitability. They bring a professional and structured approach to business and client services that reflects the culture, service and capabilities of Critical Mass championing best in class work on behalf of the agency.
- Financial management of account revenue and profitability for the business unit
- Develops and delivers organic growth within accounts
- Provides strategic direction for assigned clients within the business unit
- Provides engagement leadership, develops senior level client relationships
- Foster relationships with clients to ensure the effective delivery of projects.
- Serves as the leader of the core Critical Mass team, which partners with clients.
- Foster relationships with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Achieves positive results through web-based campaigns and programs
- Delivers metrics on the overall quality of the relationship and the product provided to the accounts
- Ensure all Statements of Work are drafted, documented, accurate, and implemented.
- Fosters relationships with other Account Directors and Account Managers across the company and markets.
- Mentors and coaches team members while motivating and leading overall project teams
- Defines and implements best practices at the business unit level
- Develop and deliver organic growth opportunities.
- Contributes to overall development of the Client Services department
- 8-12 years of Account Management experience in agencies within digital and integrated marketing and social media.
- Experience working with complex projects and complex clients, delivering annual services revenues in excess of $5MM each preferably on a global/regional business.
- Delivered best in class/award winning creative work.
- Comfortable with data and analytics, building business cases to help sell creative work and show the value of the work back to the client’s business.
- Proficiency with current issues and trends within the online marketing industry, emphasis on emerging media and mobile platforms.
- A solid understanding of user-centric digital and social media.
- Competency managing high volume, fast turn-around projects.
- Solid experience formulating and driving long-term strategic account plans, strategies, and roadmaps.
- A solid understanding of user-centric digital experiences.
- Advanced negotiation, communication, writing, and organization skills with an outstanding attention to detail.
- The leadership skills to motivate distributed teams.
- Experience in working with a partnership of multiple agencies.
- Japanese speaker, business level is preferred
- Auto category experience is advantageous