As a Content Strategist, you will provide leadership and guidance on content strategy efforts across multiple project teams to achieve client business goals through maximizing the commercial impact of content.
You will lead content strategy efforts on complex projects providing strategic direction and process implementation on variety of digital experience development projects. You will work alongside a Director and will work closely with clients to determine the content effort for projects, ensuring necessary content is sourced or generated. You are a professional communicator capable of grasping communication challenges and devising editorial solutions, the director has a well-rounded knowledge of digital, as well as thorough familiarity with leading trends in usability, search engine optimization and content marketing.
As a usability expert, you will be deeply involved in the content development and distribution process from outset to completion.
- Ensure overall quality of content strategy work on all projects and accounts.
- Building strategies for developing, implementing and managing compelling and well-organized content based on a thorough understanding of business objectives, user needs and industry best practices
- Analyzing and assessing client’s digital content
- Developing distribution plans for positioning content across multiple channels to drive desired business results
- Drafting content publication and migration workflows, content models and governance plans
- Producing all content strategy deliverables including content audits, gap analyses, taxonomies, metadata frameworks, style guides and page tables
- Producing content classification and tagging systems
- Collaborating with Creative Team members to determine the conceptual and copy direction of online initiatives, including setting guidelines for the editorial tone, style, and voice of all content
- Collaborating on site navigation and content organization
- Working with client to enhance, edit and reformat legacy and newly created content
- Developing and sharing expertise on client products and services
- Collaborating on content and site navigation labels
- Interacting with project teams to understand business objectives and audience demographics
- Developing content indexes and mapping documentation for the new experience
- Articulating the value of content strategy to existing and new clients
- Demonstrated ability to lead content strategy across the entire web development process
- A degree or diploma in library science, journalism, communications, English or a related field
- Background in researching, writing and some project management
- Minimum 1 years of Marketing/Communications experience in a Web-focused company or agency
- Understanding of content management systems and strategies
- Experience in developing SEO strategies
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex or demanding subject matter, either verbally or in written form