The Development Tools team at Critical Mass has a vital responsibility for our systems and infrastructure supporting the delivery of technical solutions to our clients. The DevOps Engineer role is part hands-on developer, operator, and architect, supporting the business goal of making our clients’ customers’ lives better. Communication and sharing is a key component of the role given that you work with geographically and technically diverse teams. Keeping everyone on the same page as we take evolutionary steps, while continuing to manage and update current services is not for the faint of heart.
The systems in question are what you’d expect to be in support of modern software delivery: source control, artifact storage, continuous integration, issue tracking, wiki, code review, and more. We endeavor to use configuration management to orchestrate the systems, but are pragmatic about its limits in our environment. If you’re passionate about automation, resiliency, testing, monitoring, compliance, sharing, and getting value into your stakeholder’s hands as quickly as possible, this is the ideal role for you.
This role can be done remotely in the US depending on location. US Candidates only please.
- Provide technical tools, test environments, processes, and development support to the client team
- Build and operate client production environments
- Participate in our evolution toward infrastructure as code
- Track usage and capacity plan for hardware and software on an annual basis
- Mentor junior team members in the construction of delivery systems using configuration management and horizontally scalable architectures
- Participate in on-call escalation for client production systems
- Participate in on-call rotation for DevTools systems
- 3+ years of DevOps experience, web platform administration and operational support is preferred
- Creative problem solver and troubleshooter
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) -- experience with other cloud platforms is nice to have
- Experience supporting Java web applications
- Experience working with development teams and external vendors
- Experience managing Linux systems -- managing Windows systems is nice to have
- Experience with Shell or Python scripting
- Experience with Git source control
- Experience using the Atlassian suite of products, experience administering them is nice to have
- Experience operating a CMS platform, preferably with Adobe Experience Manager, is nice to have
- Experience using content delivery networks is nice to have