As the Marketing Science Lead, you champion data science practices with everyone: multidisciplinary teams, client teams, and anyone else you come across. You’re a rock star in all five sub-disciplines of Marketing Science—tracking and measurement, data visualization, testing and evaluation, data integration, and statistical modelling—but you pretty much wrote the book on at least one of them. Gaining leadership experience through supervising and developing a passionate team of analysts (including their work priorities, timelines, deliverables, and training) is definitely something you’re looking for. And you’re ready to expose your team to all sub-disciplines—because you believe it’s crucial to cultivate their expertise for both team development and client needs.
- Interpret the role of empirical practices in digital experience design and optimization.
- Deliver complex projects involving multiple stages, components, and contributors in a timely manner.
- Work across teams to identify, prioritize, and address clients’ business needs.
- Offer creative solutions to process improvement and methodological design.
- Work to build new solutions and processes, then document and share with the team.
- Facilitate understanding of marketing science across the agency.
- Monitor the day-to-day work of team members to ensure they grow within their roles and the discipline as whole.
- Delegate work and provide opportunities for team members to work individually and collaboratively.
- Demonstrate statistical and non-statistical analysis thought leadership in the areas on Social, Paid Media and Website analytics to internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand and guide the team through areas of competitive research and analysis using various analytical tools and platforms to inform digital, social, and content strategies.
- Provide leadership in analyzing digital audiences, creative content and social listening in comparison to demographics, online behaviours and the competitive market for the client’s product in great detail.
- Provide comprehensive strategic counsel to clients with a deep understanding of the digital/social marketing analytical space, their customers, and competitive landscape.
- Build, lead, and develop an engaged junior team.
- Develop your programming to use for machine learning, statistical modelling, anomaly detection and graphical analysis over time.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills, which includes communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Proven team and project management skills, including training and staff development.
- Creative problem-solving skills that help you find new solutions, and a willingness to seek counsel when needed.
- Clear understanding of data, data management, data infrastructure, and marketing applications.
- Confidence interacting with clients to suggest innovative ideas and drive organic growth.
- Experience managing clients and employees, troubleshooting solutions in a calm and effective manner to ensure employees have the necessary support.
- Experience using Social Media data to assess brand awareness, engagement, and traffic to website/social media pages in relation to broader media mix.
- An understanding of Social listening, monitoring conversation, displaying a savviness for social marketing
- Grasp of social, digital, word-of-mouth marketing data to understand digital footprints.
- A strong ability to prioritize, ensuring urgent items are handled as they arise.