The SEO Strategist owns the execution, measurement, and optimization of SEO strategy. You’ll analyze search data to identify strategic consumer insights, then translate them into content and user experience opportunities that will maximize rankings and traffic. You’ll work directly with clients as a trusted search expert, and will report regularly on performance, KPIs, progress, and recommendations. You’ll work with multi-disciplinary teams to unlock the stories found in data that can drive digital marketing opportunities in a competitive, fast-paced environment.
This role requires a background in data-driven content strategy, analytics, technical SEO, and organic/paid search, and hands-on experience driving measurable SEO success. You’ll take a holistic approach to search strategy, optimizing not just websites, but also social, content, and shopping channels (YouTube, Pinterest, Amazon, app stores), local search platforms (Google My Business, Yext), and emerging digital spaces (voice search, etc.).
You’ll join an expert team of strategic search marketers, have the opportunity to pitch and manage campaigns for major brands in a variety of industry verticals, and will contribute to evolving the Critical Mass Search discipline.
- Own the development, execution, and optimization of SEO strategy for a range of clients.
- Use search data to understand user intent, drive content strategy, and identify search opportunities.
- Conduct SEO audits and competitive analysis.
- Identify and implement technical optimizations like accessibility, indexability, structured markup, site speed improvements, JS optimization, and more.
- Review copy, content, and IA and provide SEO recommendations based on data and best practices.
- Define SEO requirements and search-driven guidelines around page content, site architecture, URL structure, page titles, meta descriptions, headings, schema markup, page speed, internal linking, site maps, etc.
- Incorporate SEO best practices/processes into multidisciplinary projects.
- Perform comprehensive keyword research and on-page/off-page optimizations to improve online visibility.
- Communicate SEO concepts to clients in a concise, meaningful, and easy-to-understand manner.
- Define success metrics and translate SEO results to business objectives.
- Report regularly on search performance, evaluating search initiatives to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Merchandise success stories and sell the benefits of new search projects.
- Pitch SEO programs and opportunities to clients.
- Combine paid search and organic search to reduce costs while maximizing business KPIs.
- Keep current with the latest digital trends to identify potential applications for clients like speed, voice search, machine learning, omnichannel search optimization, and more.
- 4+ years of hands-on SEO experience.
- Demonstrated achievements leading SEO strategies that improved search rankings and drove increased search traffic and visibility.
- Local SEO, Google My Business, and/or Yext management experience.
- Experience with content strategy and/or content creation (e.g. blogs, articles, landing pages, etc.).
- Experience with web analytics tools like Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and Adobe Analytics.
- Demonstrated ability using data to identify opportunities, make recommendations, and inform strategy.
- Experience with SEO research and auditing tools like BrightEdge, SEMrush, Conductor, Moz, Screaming Frog, Deep Crawl, Google Search Console, Google Ads, etc.
- Strong presentation skills with an emphasis on crafting compelling visual stories in slide format.
- Strong technical understanding as it relates to SEO in the web development process, and the ability to work in partnership with a development team.
- Knowledge of paid search strategy and SEM/SEO search integration.
- Passion for staying current in a rapidly evolving digital environment.
- Systematic approach to identifying opportunities/issues, defining solutions, and executing action plans.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills.
*This role is open to remote candidates in the US and Canada.