Chipper Cash is Africa’s modern mobile payments platform. We’re helping friends, families and loved ones stay connected and securely send money across Africa with incredible ease and peace of mind. Our cross-border payments infrastructure also helps merchants and businesses in Africa accept payments on the internet with no friction. Over 3 million users have joined so far and we’re growing very fast. We have raised a total of $350M from Jeff Bezos, Joe Montana and some of the most reputable fintech Venture Capital firms in the world to accelerate the growth of financial services within Africa.
You will join the Pricing Team and play a key role in developing and executing the pricing strategy for our family of products, across all our geographies and corridors. You will be responsible for monitoring and optimizing our pricing strategies, working closely with our operations, marketing, finance teams to ensure the achievement of our ambitious growth objectives. You are passionate about data and using data to drive decision making, you thrive in a high energy, collaborative, and highly diverse environment.
What You Will Be Doing
Chippers Pricing team leads the economics portion of go-to-market strategy for our products, analyzing market alternatives and business strategy to align pricing strategy internally. The Pricing Analyst role will be responsible for interacting with a variety of internal stakeholder teams including Product Management, Finance, Revenue and more to drive execution of top pricing initiatives. Additionally, the Pricing team touches the entire product lifecycle, helping shape product strategy & prioritization by providing monetary and economic context to product development.
This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly expanding team within a fast-growing company in the FinTech sector. This role will have horizontal responsibility across all our product suite, focusing on building out and maintaining efficient processes for intaking, approving, and releasing pricing for new and existing products. In this evolving role and industry, candidates need to be highly adaptive and willing to build efficient processes that create operational excellence from ambiguity.
What you’ll work on
Reporting to the Senior Pricing Manager you will:
- Partner with Product Managers on the roadmap and gather pricing strategy inputs
- Manage pricing roadmap prioritization and align with internal stakeholders
- Build and operationalize scalable pricing processes across organization
- Conduct market research and document competitive pricing intelligence for internal stakeholders
- Own the Pricing Team’s internal brand messaging and all documentation
- Build pricing optimization models and recommendations to support the company’s growth objectives, always maintaining a customer-centric framework. Align with cross-functional stakeholders on objectives, approach, key priorities, and success metrics, leading the execution
- Develop, execute, and track pricing initiatives and recommendations across our products and geographies
- Collaborate closely with other teams to ensure buy-in from a broad range of stakeholders
- Work with the Business Intelligence teams to build and update dashboards, reports, and tools to monitor pricing performance and main revenue KPI’s
- Build and share insights on the local markets in strong partnership with local teams, marketing, and operations. E.g., competitive landscape, macro-economic environment in each of the countries the company operates
- Manage and monitor daily FX Rates for multiple global corridors, working closely with operations and finance
- Manage and monitor daily Crypto currencies prices across geographies, working closely with BI and Finance teams
- Perform statistical analysis to measure the market sensitivity to pricing changes
- Support the development of go-to-market plans from a pricing perspective
What you should have
- 5+ years in sectors that rely on high volume transactions, dynamic pricing with FinTech/Crypto experience preferred
- Exceptional proven ability to develop pricing strategies in a high-growth, competitive, environment on a global scale
- Problem solving approach to complex business questions and leverage pricing to create a strong competitive advantage
- Strong communication skills, ability to work cross-functionally with product, business insight, marketing. You can build compelling narratives from data
- Advanced level of data analysis and manipulation using MS Excel, SQL and / or Python
- Ability to conduct deep market research in strong collaboration with cross functional teams (e.g., marketing, operations, finance)
- Strong commercial acumen & well-rounded business knowledge
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
If you feel you are a fit, please apply because we would love to hear from you. It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to read through our job description so thank you so much for your time. We wish you all the best in your job search.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chipper Cash is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If there are any accommodations that we can provide during the interview process that help you to be confident and do your best work, don’t hesitate to let us know.