Who is Chipper?
Chipper Cash was founded in 2018 by Ham Serunjogi and Maijid Moujaled, with the aim to “chip away” at the problem of inaccessible financial services, a high population of underbanked consumers, reliance on cash for daily commerce and the difficulty of cross-border transactions.
Today, we’re connecting more than 3 million people across Africa with an easy-to-use mobile app that makes money transfers fast, secure and free. And with funding from some top investors including, Jeff Bezos and Ribbit Capital, we’re poised to continue growing quickly.
Whether it’s sending money home to support your family, running a cross-border business or paying local expenses, Chipper Cash saves time, saves money, and opens up new opportunities for Africans everywhere. Our mobile app is currently available to consumers and businesses in eight countries, including Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, South Africa, and the United Kingdom. Headquartered in San Francisco, California with offices across the globe, Chipper Cash delivers fair financial services that make the lives of millions of Africans better in a small way, every day. Chipper’s mission is to unlock global opportunities and bring Africa together, one transaction at a time.
What’s it like to work at Chipper
We have four company core values, and they drive the way we work across teams and across the globe. They are:
- Lead with Empathy: We are all human. Empathy shines through in how we treat each other and our customers. When something doesn’t go as planned, we look for opportunities to learn and grow together.
- Be an Owner: This is your company too. We take initiative to make things better. We take action when something looks out of place.
- Communicate to Develop Trust: Effective, transparent communication is the foundation for building trust. We communicate early and communicate often. We share mistakes and lessons to make us more unified and stronger.
- Be Bold: We are bold because we push the limits of what we think is possible and we show up every day to chip away, in any way possible, at these impossibly hard problems.
To Learn more about us, visit our website: www.chippercash.com
What You Will Be Doing
The Director of Global Strategic Partnerships will define and lead partnership strategies with financial institutions, payment networks, product partners, and other potential distribution networks and partners to scale Chipper’s product offerings and market reach. He/she will drive the company’s Strategic Partnerships strategy working alongside management and global cross functional teams including Product, Legal & Compliance, Marketing, and Operations. This role will report directly to the COO.
- Identify and develop key product, channel, and operational partnerships that will drive
- the growth of Chipper Cash’s regional and product-based expansion
- Oversee identification, negotiation and execution of partnership opportunities and commercial discussions to enable our product roadmap and reach
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key partners. Build relationships with key executive counterparts in the financial industry and serve as a key escalation point in negotiations and discussions with key influencers including partners, regulators, and key users
- Collaborate with Product & Engineering teams to define and implement partnership strategies enabling product and strategic initiatives globally
- Work with cross-functional teams to launch and manage new and existing partners and partnership programs in efforts to drive the development of Chipper Cash’s platform
- Work closely with regional managers to identify opportunities to globalize existing partnerships
What You Should Have
- 10+ years of experience in strategic partnering, negotiations, and executive relationship management. At least 5 years working in Payments or Financial Services
- Previous experience working with a technology/software company or with an understanding of the various corporate and business cultures within the region
- Proven ability to lead complex negotiations and partnership strategies that achieved broad industry support
- Strong product instinct and ability to identify opportunities for Chipper to leverage partners’ existing and in-development products, as well as the ability to collaborate with Chipper’s Product and Engineering organization to build market-leading features for our users.
- An understanding of product strategy and key requirements for scaling products and operations through partnerships
- Ability to effectively represent Chipper externally at the executive level with financial partners, technical partners, government agencies, and a wide range of external partners
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to speak to different constituencies such as product, engineering, and commercials internally and externally
If you feel you are a fit, please apply because we would love to hear from you. It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to read through our job description so thank you so much for your time. We wish you all the best in your job search.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chipper Cash is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If there are any accommodations that we can provide during the interview process that help you to be confident and do your best work, don’t hesitate to let us know.