As a Technical Program Manager at Chipper, you will partner with our engineering, design, legal and operations teams to lead the formulation of solutions to the complex challenges of our rapidly growing marketplace. You will also guide the Product Management team members with respect to legal, risk and compliance matters. You'll work with a strong, entrepreneurial, and product-focused group of engineers and designers in a highly collaborative environment.
In this role you will plan requirements with internal customers and shepherd projects through the entire project and development lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and dependencies and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
The successful candidate will have previous experience and success in similar roles in rapidly growing environments. The right person is experienced and energized by leading projects with cross-functional teams and capable of managing efforts around prioritization, automation, testing and quality, security, and solving challenging problems.
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead the collaboration with engineering, design, and legal/compliance teams to build solutions that help this fintech comply with various regulations across all jurisdictions it operates in and protect and deliver increasing value
- Act as the primary liaison between Compliance and risk groups and the Product & Engineering teams
- Lead company wide initiatives on new products development and enhancements to ensure regulatory compliance is prioritized in the scoping and deployment
- Communicate risks and trade-offs associated with product strategy as well as offer solutions and controls to mitigate overall residual risk
- Diagnose root causes of complex problems
- Expertly navigate ambiguity to support development of a comprehensive product strategy which is informed by legal, risk and compliance matters and use your creativity to help navigate to industry leading product offerings and solutions.
- Develop/execute project plans, track tasks, gather requirements, and assist with prioritization
- Identify project blockers and work with Engineering and Business leaders to address
- Communicate risks, status, and timelines to stakeholders and senior management
- Manage project requirements, documentation, project tracking, and communication
- Monitor program status and communicate issues to relevant partners and proactively collaborate to ensure timely resolution
- Maintain compliance with our security and regulatory policies
What You Should Have
- Have experience managing technical programs and have a demonstrated ability to manage complex projects successfully
- Have working knowledge of how crypto regulatory programs should be structured and managed
- Understand the intricacies of the development lifecycle and release management process
- Have 4+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams in a project, delivery, or strategy role
- Experience managing projects across cross-functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Experience operating collaboratively with engineering and business leadership and are comfortable communicating technical concepts for both audiences
- Have proven success in leading projects in a growing organization where change is an expected part of our growth trajectory
- Exceptional Curiosity: you're unafraid to ask questions, tinker, and learn to help drive product success
- Skilled problem solver: you enjoy diagnosing problems to identify root causes
- Ability to analyze data from a variety of sources to identify key insights, pinpoint optimization opportunities, and inform product decisions
- Experienced project manager
- Hold a crypto related certification (CCE, CCFC, etc.)
Chipper Cash <3’s Chipper Team Members
At Chipper Cash we prioritize people. We offer competitive salary and benefits including generous PTO that you’ll actually be encouraged to take, equity in the company, outstanding health and wellness benefits, generous parental leave, retirement matching, a welcoming and inclusive culture that embraces the open-minded traveler with a love for humanity and all our differences, and much more.
At Chipper we know some groups of applicants will only apply if they check every box on a job opening, but we encourage you not to say no for us. If you meet 80% of the requirements, apply apply apply! We would love to speak to you.